Anthony Morris III Autobiography ... The Real Truth

by Wild_Thing 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Tahoe
    Tahoe

Wild_Thing, I like your version a lot better!

• steve2
    steve2

His best turn of phrase was, "I was first exposed to Jehovah's Witnesses when I was a kid..."

Man, many people, including ex-JWs can identify with the splendid use of the word "exposed" - kind of like when people are "exposed to" viruses or infections.

Yo Anthony: you said it - you more of less fell victim to a disease after being exposed to it in childhood. May I extend my sincere sympathy! 😜

• millie210
    millie210

I know I have told you guys about this before but at the 2014 convention in Atlanta, there was a huge lightening/thunderstorm during the closing talk.

Morris was giving the talk and made an announcement from the Chairman's office for everyone to delay leaving for 10 minutes after the close because an unusually strong cell was moving through right then.

So after he made that announcement he offhandedly said

" I could ask my big brother to stop it but he is busy"

It was obvious he was calling Jesus his big brother and it seemed to cause a rather uneasy laughter to ripple through the crowd.

I sat there stunned. I couldnt believe the casual, yet really convinced of his own words, way he said it!

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Tony to Jesus....Tony to Jesus.........Come in Big Brother.........Can you read me? Over....."

• steve2
    steve2

" I could ask my big brother to stop it but he is busy"

Isn't this a perfect example of the corrupting quality of "power" over others? He has direct access to Jesus - but the rank and file don't. SIckening.

• millie210
    millie210

SO funny Sparky...omg...I have tears!

Yes Steve, sickening. That was my last assembly and I am so glad.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I think all of those bullshit autobiographies that they publish of the Governing Body should be written like this. They'd be more honest and not coated with their self-righteous goo of half truths and lies.

• Chook
    Chook

If I wrote my own autobiography could I get a religion to promote it. My autobiography would read crazier than theirs, except I don't hear voices in my head like they do. I can guarantee that mine is John the Baptist crazy . My mother said she wants to write a book about her three sons, the title "The priest,The prophet, The poof." My brother is catholic priest, I'm the prophet ( xjw ). Other brother is gay. I wonder if JW.org is interested in play rights.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ steve2...

Funny.

You'd think exposure to it as a child would have immunized him. :smirk:

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

"If you don't like it, go see my big brother" - Anthony Morris 111

Now I don't know if he is talking about Jesus here, or if this is a coded reference to the novel "1984" by George Orwell! 🤔😲

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit