I would like to rant about how I get really upset when I get some weak invitation back to the cult.

by schnell 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Schnell,

I usually just ignore them, but before I do that, I see that shit and I storm into this weird internalized rage where I start writing a response and deleting it. Anything I say is just going to fly over my mother's or MIL's head and then she'll get mad, so why bother?

I too go through writing fits when something irks me big time. Once, I wrote a flyer against the JWs and distributed to my entire apartment complex. There's over a hundred units and 90% of them are either JWs, inactives and disfellowshipped ones.

Let me ask you, are your letters long?

• stillin
    stillin

Schnell, you are so right! We're talking life and death, right? And the best that they have offered so far is, "if you ever want to go out in service, just let me know."

I had lunch with one of the elders recently and he simply did not want to discuss anything. He said that everything has already been said, when, in fact, They don't have a clue what I'm about. So we talked about the weather.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

You hit the nail on the head Schnell. There is no substance there so why bother? You know as well as anyone here that it's a waste of time to have those people in your life if all they are going to do is try to coax you back with irrational and weak invitations to a meeting that serves no intellectual purpose.

Set a clear boundary if you are able. Say thank you but you're ok. Tell them that you are living the best life now by not inviting negativity into your mind. Worked for us.

Now we see old JW friends and we just talk to them, not about the cult but about life. We laugh and joke. They see my beard and the glow on our faces and wonder.

Let them wonder.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

I have been liking stuff from OurWorldInData.org such as this: https://ourworldindata.org/a-history-of-global-living-conditions-in-5-charts/

Yeah the signs are clear: all over the world circumstances of life are improving; JW are full of BS.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

When one leaves the JWS cult and that person has devoted family members involved, its to be expected that these devoted people are going to reiterate the indoctrinated programing that the WTS instills into people's mind's.

Information in information out as it were. how you handle this information is up to the individual.

People do get brainwashed to uphold the WTS teachings, its unfortunate that these people aren't aware of the commercialized fraud of which the WTS operates under.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Basically I think the anger and rage comes from the sense that these folks....... be they family members or once close friends are showing disrespect for you. They can not understand that you have thought it out and found the religion false and destructive ...ignorant and delusional.

Being told it's really the truth and you need to come back is akin to escaping Jonestown with people calling out to you that there's a fresh batch of kool aid to drink.

It's kind of incompatible.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Schnell, you have every right to be upset. The only thing that might work, is standing above it. JW's can't face the knowledge that the truth is not the truth. On the long term we will win because time will prove us right but, we must accept that the ones who refuse to see are simply blind, too brainwashed and that sir, is very sad.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

Let's face it, if God were really serious about saving the world, he would perform real miracles and make sure we knew he was the one doing them. If we are such weak, easily swayed, flawed individuals , how can we be expected to believe in something so intangible?

All the signs that JWs tout as indicators that the world is ending have always been with us, so as long as the little boy keeps crying "wolf",I refuse to believe him.

• schnell
    schnell

@scratchme1010, I agree that it's more about them than me, and they wouldn't want to hear what I could easily say.

@Village Idiot, I don't write much or necessarily anything before I let it go. Especially with texts and social media posts/comments, anything too long will only be taken badly.

@Darkknight757, I wish I had family and friends like that, but every JW in my experience wants to talk JW stuff.

Thanks everybody, I'm grateful for the community here where I can vent about this.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Schnell just say " naaa.. I've tuned to science for knowledge for the simple reason that there's more honesty, intelligence and integrity there than any religion can provide, particularly from religions that have a publishing company operating at its core."

That will leave them with a stunned look on their faces for awhile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit