"Best life ever" ?????

by charity7 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• charity7
    charity7

Best life ever. Is this a slogan that was recently come up with for jw's? I've seen it used as a hashtag on instagram for jw's, key chains, cakes, about me biography description... The first thing I thought was, isn't that a little pretentious? They complain so much about this life. From my observance the past 10 years being married to a JW they seemed to me to be miserable, in all honesty. I was always amazed at all the problems these group of people had. I've never seen a religious group of people have so many issues with each other. i always thought, well that isn't Christian. And actually when I reflect on things, I've never been treated so poorly from some of "God's true people." I've never experienced a group of religious people with so many mental and health issues as the JW's. It does make me sad in all honesty because their life could be so different and more fulfilling. When I've asked a question or debate them on something I've never seen a people so offended and angry yet they will criticize you and tell you how wrong you are to your face.

This site has been so helpful to me to gain more insight and understanding with what I deal with on a daily basis.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    I was always amazed at all the problems these group of people had. I've never seen a religious group of people have so many issues with each other. i always thought, well that isn't Christian. And actually when I reflect on things, I've never been treated so poorly from some of "God's true people." I've never experienced a group of religious people with so many mental and health issues as the JW's

You nailed it exactly! Best life ever is what they try to convince themselves that they're leading, although inside their minds, well, read the part of your post that I quoted above. Cult like mentality, trying to believe it themselves and make others believe it.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Best Life Ever (2014) is the name of the first of the JW pop songs that are now featured every month on JW Broadcasting.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Lets see, in my last congregation we had 40% suffering from depression, more than half of them were elders wives.

As for the children, about half of the teens were self harming, 3 out of 5 were depressed, 1 had anorexia due to anxiety and at least one had a physical phobia to knocking on the doors and would literally go into convulsions in the drive to field service meetings.

The little kids were fat from over eating because their parents are depressed and the elders kids were living in a bubble, absolutely convinced that they'll never leave school because armageddon is just around the corner. I remember i used to think that 20 years ago.

Best life ever? I dont think so.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Best life ever" ?????

Image result for Jehovah's witnesses preaching.Image result for Jehovah's witnesses meeting

Image result for Jehovah's witnesses meeting.Image result for Tombstone bye

Image result for where do I sign up?

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

With rare exception the only happy jw's are the ones who just so happen to be financially secure with good jobs or with their own business. Everyone else are misserable S.O.B.'s. Or are just so stupid they don't know any better

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

This is a phrase I believe was started to help ease the explanation for paradise never coming. In other words they came up with the phrase, even if paradise doesn't come, this is still the best life ever to live. It's really a mind game they're playing on themselves. They will say, I don't smoke, do drugs, have sex and catch disease, why would I want to have any other life? Oblivious to how many HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of people do this exact same lifestyle but aren't JWs. I always found it ironic that when you go to enough meetings and especially assemblies, all you hear about is how hard life is. How difficult things are, how much satan attacks them and so on.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll
    They will say, I don't smoke, do drugs, have sex and catch disease, why would I want to have any other life?

Who wouldn't be happy with a life like that? It must be the junk food. The GB should soon receive new light on the dangers of fast food, soda pop, and dessert. Once they've removed every conceivable source of pleasure from their lives, JWs can finally be happy.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Cults play on the weaknesses of their members.

Intelligent, but hurting, individuals get sucked in. Then the cult reinforces the hurt, by using the carrot and stick routine.

However fucked up you are going in, you'll be worse later.

If you're a born-in, the process starts young, and they hope that you never catch on.

For an intelligent person, it comes down to being decieved and manipulated. If you do wake up, the real challenge begins. Do you seek reality, or the illusion of "the best life ever?"

Of course, there are some really mentally deficient Dubs as well. They ain't never getting out. Maybe for them, it's a good life?

DD

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If they say it often enough, they will begin to believe it.

It is all so Orwellian and North Korean, sorry if those examples are becoming cliches, but that is exactly what it is.

Blatant untruth, Propaganda Grade A.

I can remember other rubbish like "excitement is building for the upcoming Convention", none of us felt excitement in my immediate family, but eventually this Mantra meant that some poor saddo JW's actually did get excited about it.

Mind Control works.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit