Watchtower Signs With GMCVB!

by Voyager 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Voyager
    Voyager

Hi everyone:

I guess the Watchtower thought that they were going to hide this one in the fine print. The GMCVB stands for (Greater Madison Convention & Visitors Bureau). This (bureau) is a department of government. They have Military, Political, Governmental ties all over the world.

Go here and go to page (2). Keep looking to the left of the page, and scroll down to (Convention & Tradeshow Sales) look at the lower part of that section. The Watchtower solidified one contract, and there are negotitations for (10) years more.

http://www.visitmadison.com/uploads/media/exec_summbw.pdf

Voyager

• avengers
    avengers

John 17 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.

Wonder if the WT is aware of this scriprure?

let's see. UN issue. Rand Cam issue. etc. etc.

Thanks for the info voyager.

Good digging. You must have bought yourself a hell of a shovel.

• blondie
    blondie

Voyager, it is standard for organizations to book ahead with convention centers whether the WTS or the World Dairy Expo. That way they get a good price and the convention center has guaranteed business that they can financially plan around for the future. There is no special connection except the one with the other organizations, financial. The JW conventions have been held in Madison most years since the Coliseum/Alliant Center was built in the late 60's. Just to repeat, many organizations book ahead with the Alliant Center to secure a better price and to assure that those dates are not taken by another group.

BTW, the Alliant Center is owned by the county which supplies some of the security through the county sheriff's department which is not unusual and is standard in many other government-owned convention facilities.

This is pretty standard practice everywhere the WTS has conventions...they book ahead to save money and the facility has guaranteed business. Of course, it may not show that the WTS has much faith in its slogan "the end is near."

Blondie

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Of course, it may not show that the WTS has much faith in its slogan "the end is near."

Blondie

Yes, but it's more than okay for the WTS to plan ahead; let the rank and file try it and they are "spiritually weak".

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, berylblue, in my area I have not seen much of that any more, discouraging JWs to plan ahead financially. Just the opposite. In fact in the last 2 years, there were articles encouraging the r&f to have life insurance, wills, and to save something for their family if they should die. In this last year, 5 elders have built/purchased new and larger homes. Nice vehicles abound in the parking lot at the KH. JWs have a little more financially in general around here. No selling up and going where the need is great here. The few who have are living like kings/queens iin the 3rd wolrd countries they live in because the dollar goes farther.

But I know it is not that way everywhere.

Blondie

• Voyager
    Voyager

Thank you for your thoughts and comments.

One of the (main) reasons that I posted it, was because of the hypocrisy involved. Whether it is standard proceedure or not for organizations to sign for future events, is not the issue. The issue is the fact that the Watchtower Society (can-not) truely believe that Armageddon is coming (soon) if they are willing to sign contracts for several years into the future. Thank you once again for your comments, and please keep up the good work that (all) of you are doing. We could not do it without your combined efforts, as (no-one) can fill your shoes. Christian love to everyone---Voyager

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

This is my first post.

Regarding planning for the future, our circuit overseer gave a talk a few weeks ago at our circuit assembly about how close we are to Armageddon, and he stated that many brothers are concerned about having adequate health insurance. "While that it is a legitimate concern, remember that we will have perfect health in the coming new order." Also he said "not to be concerned about having sufficient life insurance for your family." again because the end is so near. I wondered if this was just the CO's opinion, but our DO stated in another talk that almost everything that is said on a circuit assembly program is from the Society.

• blondie
    blondie

Bonnie_Clyde, you have discovered a technique the WTS uses. One group at Bethel puts it in the WTS that insurance is fine. Then the CO/DO under the direction of another group at Bethel says just the opposite. The JWs in my area would just hoot at the CO/DO comment and keep paying the premium on their life insurance.

w97 8/15 19 "Soundness of Mind" as the End Draws Close ***

9 Have you made provisions to care for your family in case you suffer an untimely death? Proverbs 13:22 says: "One who is good will leave an inheritance to sons of sons." In addition to an inheritance of knowledge of Jehovah and a relationship with him, parents would be interested in providing materially for their children. In many lands responsible family heads will try to have some savings, a legal will, and insurance. After all, God?s people are not immune to "time and unforeseen occurrence." (Ecclesiastes 9:11) Money is "for a protection," and careful planning can often avert hardship. (Ecclesiastes 7:12) In lands where medical care is not paid for by the government, some may choose to set aside funds for health needs or arrange for some type of health coverage.

Also getting a doctor to operate without blood may be difficult without adequate health insurance.

km 11/90 6 Are You Ready to Face a Faith-Challenging Medical Situation? ***

While we cannot tell anyone to obtain health insurance, we must let you know that we often have serious problems getting an otherwise usually cooperative doctor to treat those who do not have adequate or any medical coverage.
  • Beans
    Beans

Blondie, you need your own Quotes site!

Beautiful work!

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks Beans. I use the quotes site a lot especially at work when I don't have a CD around. In the old days, I would have worked a comment into the conversation using those 2 quotes and made the elders squirm.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit