Missionaries

by Tatiana 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mac
    Mac

I once sought a missionary position....but, I ended up falling behind......

mac

• blondie
    blondie
    We know a couple who have been all over the world in the International building work. They only had to pay their own way the first time. After that the WTS paid.

When my husband worked at Bethel, it was the same way. He only paid his flight the first time. After that, they paid his way every time.

Mulan, then I would say they had good construction and supervisory skills and the first time was just to see if they could hack the WTS routine. Those in this area have had to come back periodically and work to earn money to go back. Must be they are not heavy-hitters.

Blondie

• Mulan
    Mulan

Blondie, that could be true.

Our friends (I should say ex friends) have gone to Nigeria for several months, then they came home for about a year, and were given another assignment and flew off to another country. They were in their mid 30's at the time, and he is a successful contractor. His business stayed fluid while he was out of the country. His wife was a pioneer, but went along as a grunt, I think. The last I heard they were off again somewhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit