September 11, 2017 Re: Global Assistance Arrangement for the 2018 Service Year

by wifibandit 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Bear in mind 2 things:

1. All sums beyond those needed for 3 months running costs are expected to be paid to the org anyway

2. The letter only refers to WT property, no genuine charitable help whatsoever.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    jwleaks: At the mandatory Watchtower published donation amount of US$14 per active publisher the GAA could raise cash reserves of US$116,773,748 (approx. $117 million) per year or US$977 per congregation per year.

Proof? Because that seems to be very USA-centric ?

I think the key word is 'could', because actually the majority of JWs actually DON'T live in the USA

The GAA (including CO travel) for the 2017 Service Year was

The USA rate was $14.00-per-publisher

The UK rate was $3.69-per-pubisher

Even excluding the CO travel part - the UK-per-publisher rate for the GAA is still less than half what the USA rate is.

And here's my proof: https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5710501243781120/2016-09-21-boe-re-global-assistance-arrangement-2017-service-year

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    Slidin Fast: The letter only refers to WT property, no genuine charitable help whatsoever.

That's kinda the point - it's not meant to be for 'charity' - AFAIK by joining up with the GAA, congregations avoid having to pay for commercial insurances (which would cost more?)

TO-57 Key Facts About the Global Assistance Arrangement

What is the Global Assistance Arrangement:

1. The Global Assistance Arrangement (GAA) is a means by which the organization sets aside funds to pay for expenses related to accidental loss. This includes property damage to Kingdom Halls, to Assembly Halls, and to branch facilities as well as liability claims against legal entities used by Jehovah’s Witnesses. The GAA will not be used to repair damage resulting from normal wear-and-tear or deterioration of property or for other maintenance needs.

2. The GAA is not a commercial insurance program. The Risk Management Desk in the Accounting Department administers the operation of the GAA in the branch territory. This arrangement is used to make virtually all applicable loss payments. It may also be used to purchase commercial “excess” insurance to protect legal entities and properties from large claims or catastrophic losses or to purchase insurance coverage that is legally mandated. Since loss payments would involve the use of donated funds, it is important that priority be given to safety and maintenance so as to prevent loss whenever possible.

PDF: https://jw.servehttp.com/en/document.php?is=TO-57-E_14.pdf

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And yet when I was an accounts servant, the COBE/PO specifically told me that they would NEVER announce a specific amount per publisher! Yet the secret letter that the flock doesn't see told us to do that very thing!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One step closer to formally enacting dues for membership. What happens if someone does not pay these dues? Or I suppose the hounders will have to pay more to make up for the amounts that people are not able or willing to pay?

Adjusting for financial ability of the congregation is a joke. If the hounder-hounder decides they can pay more, they hound for more. But, if the congregation is poor because of the poverty working or due to not being able to work full time, and they need a cut in their donations, they are shamed for trying to get one. All for the damnation and enslavement of the whole human race--they are doing a damn good job as it is, and they do not need any help.

Rather, I would insist that anyone that wishes to make these donations to get silver with the money they would have wasted on damnation of the whole world. This amount could buy three silver quarters and a silver dime--assuming it costs 16 times face. You get to keep the silver. That is in addition to buying more silver with money you currently donate to the Worldwide Damnation Fund. You donate nothing to joke-hova, as that thing will only use it to enslave the whole world. Would you rather have a small handful of silver coins, or help enslave everyone in the whole world?

• Annon
    Annon

So just thinking about the USA, a recent video talked about 4 congregations sharing 1 kingdom hall with about 100 publishers each. So that is 400 x $14 for the GAA or $5600 received for just one hall.

• sir82
    sir82

Globally there are 8,340,982 active publishers within the JW religion at the last count.

At the mandatory Watchtower published donation amount of US$14 per active publisher the GAA could raise cash reserves of

US$116,773,748 (approx. $117 million) per year or US$977 per congregation per year.

I suspect the extortion amount is less per head in other parts of the world.

For example, in some 3rd world countries, the average monthly income is probably about $14/month. It seems unlikely they would ask for $14/publisher from those places.

Then again, their greed appears to be boundless, so who knows?

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    sir82: I suspect the extortion amount is less per head in other parts of the world.
    yeah, looking at previous year's - the British-per-publisher rate is about half the USA rate
  • The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

DARKSPILVER said - AFAIK by joining up with the GAA, congregations avoid having to pay for commercial insurances (which would cost more?)

The org's alleged insurance scheme? When my previous KH was seriously damaged, two RBC hitmen were sent from the Branch to have a meeting with the Elders. They tried (unsuccessfully) to get the congregation to pay for certain aspects of the repair work, but were successful in requiring that the congregation members carry out many hours of clean up work and painting, before the RBC were sent in. And we waited months for the hall to be done.

So the answer is this - the org's insurance may cost the congregations more.

• wifibandit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit