New NWT, then and now - a comparison of the 2013 NWT, 2013 vs 2017.

by MeanMrMustard 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Splash,

Yeah, nothing earth shattering in the changes. Some of the misplaced quotation marks are a bit funny, but those are just error corrections. But for those things that aren’t errors, you kinda wonder what made them commit to the change. Why is the phrase “pine trees” better than “oil trees”?Other translations say myrtle trees. Is the phrase a “myrtle trees” better than “pine”? Does it matter?

As for the Unicode change, that is the only thing I can think of. What I see when I do a compare isn’t the font, I see the Unicode value change. But I am wondering if they found a better font and that is what pushed them into a new Unicode character - based on how that new font rendered. Perhaps they thought: “Hey, this font is a bit better. Let’s use that.” And then the accent marks looked a little too spaced (or something) and so they went ahead and did a 8290 character find and replace??? Possible. A bit picky of them.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@slimfatboy:

Yeah, it makes you wonder about their thought process. Why did they replace “disciple” with “student”? Do they think the word “disciple” is outdated? Is it just closer to the 5th grade reading level they shoot for in the WT these days?

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Love your work triple M,

And thank you for it mate,

jtg

• careful
    careful

Thx, MMM. BTW, have you ever tried shaving in the dark? How about sleeping in the park?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@careful: I don't "try" to shave in the dark. I shave in the dark, period. Sleeping.... Sometimes the park, sometimes the road. Is it my mean nature? Drugs? Frugality? You will never know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit