Disfellowshipping Spree In My Congregation

by jw07 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Storm
    Storm

"They look just as uncomfortable as I am at the meetings"

Why do you take the initiative to attend congregation meetings if they adversely effect you?

It's not like going to a dead-end-job you hate to simply receive a paycheck, because you're not getting paid by Jehovah's Witnesses.

So why?

• jw07
    jw07

@Storm

It's not that simple. I'm a born in, with my immediate family (who I'm dependent on for health and other reasons), significant other, and 'closest friends' totally brainwashed by JW doctrine. Right now I'm in a do and get screwed, don't and get screwed position.

• jw07
    jw07

@freddo

It's highly unlikely, but I'll look into doing that.

• kaik
    kaik
    In Czech Republic, there was a huge DFs around 1996, when the branch got new light regarding alternative military service. Back then, in drafted armed forces of the country, the alternative was prison, coal mines, or alternative service (mostly in hospice or old folk homes). Initially, WT supported alternative service between 1989 and 1996, but when the flip-flop doctrine was implemented, massive DFs was implemented across many KH in the Czech Republic. I left WT several years prior that, but in 1996-1997 up to 8% of males were DFs on spot for refusing to leave already performing alternative service. Violation would mean prison and criminal record. It still baffled me, why some of the men returned into WT after all these BS they went through, having their personal life destroyed by flip-flop doctrine, and having permanent criminal record.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    IMO, witch-hunts can only help the XJW cause.
  • jw07
    jw07

@Crazy guy

Yep, 3 of them were df-ed for that. Humans just want to mate, just like any other living creature.

• Storm
    Storm

"It's not that simple. I'm a born in, with my immediate family (who I'm dependent on for health and other reasons), significant other, and 'closest friends' totally brainwashed by JW doctrine. Right now I'm in a do and get screwed, don't and get screwed position."

'Reasons/excuses" for selling your soul...

I'm currently a productive human being in good health. Nonetheless, I regretfully don't agree with your line of reasoning.

I think most people would agree...

...talking to atheists who attend church is kind of like talking to a wall.

• Mephis
    Mephis
    Really disagree with where you're coming from there Storm. People have to make the choices which work for them and their circumstances. For some people it's pretty darned easy to walk out of the door and never look back. For others, it's a hell of a lot more complex. Don't think anyone should be giving others grief for the choices they make around this.
  • Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    I wouldn't wish being disfellowshipped on anybody. I'm glad they are out, though. I hope they stay away.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Memphis: Really disagree with where you're coming from there Storm. People have to make the choices which work for them and their circumstances. For some people it's pretty darned easy to walk out of the door and never look back. For others, it's a hell of a lot more complex. Don't think anyone should be giving others grief for the choices they make around this.

I completely agree with Memphis!!

Storm, you are WAY off base trying to live someone else's life for them considering your past decision-making in your life. I suspect you are a person who was gullible and fooled by a religious cult that you were caught up in for years or maybe even decades. With all that on your "resume", someone else should follow your advise instead of what they think is working best for them at this point? [A bit of tongue in cheek there.]

Really what I'm saying is that we all do what we think is best for our situation. There is no one, single cookie-cutter solution that fits everyone. Your statement was a bit judgmental and condescending. I'll go back to the KHall if I want to hear that kind of "encouragement".

Peace all!

Doc

BTW -- I was one of the gullible fools for over 40 years, so don't take offense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit