Research help needed: knowledge of Knights Templar and Masonic history vital

by Fay Dehr 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Wrong thread, sorry. How did I do that?

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

You poor soul. Go on and get a life and stop searching for breadcrumbs of conspiracy theory that do not exist. Free yourself! Free your brain! Free your soul, mon (insert Jamaican accent here!).

Freemasons and the Knights Templar are convoluted tropes that uneducated people try to connect using casual connections to every government bungle, every religion on earth, every thread of history, every negative or strange occurrence; and all of it is lunacy. The sinking of the Titanic? It was Freemasons. Jack the Ripper? Probably a Freemason. Lee Harvey Oswald? Freemason. Elon Musk? A descendant from a long line of Knight Templars. Shirley Temple? Mini fembot controlled by aliens. 9/11? It was George Bush. Martin Shkreli?—well he’s just a rich, entitled jerk with a one-of-a-kind Wu Tang Clan album. Dixie’s Midnight Runners? Nobody can explain them! Point is: there is no connection between the Jehovah’s Witnesses and the Freemasons, Knights Templars, Ancient Aliens, Chevy Camaros, or Sasha Baron Cohen. It’s all fruit-loopy conspiracy theory that feeds into one’s insistence on having to prove their ex is the monster and they are not when really maybe both of you were just not into each other. I am truly amazed that throughout my lifetime of many, many years I’ve watched mostly rather non-educated ex-witnesseses read a book or find a website or hear a rumor and somehow think that they are the first to discover some amazing connection to their ex-religion that will finally take them down, or expose them, or find some meaning in the mistake they think they’ve made by wasting their life as a JW. It’s like getting divorced, because you don’t like your mate anymore; and then after the fact spending years trying to prove they may or may not have cheated on you from something you may have casually come across. You are broken up. You are free. You don’t have to justify the validity of your breakup. You are done with them. It is all cognitive bias. It’s projection. It’s not real. Go read a great book or go to Crater Lake or write a poem. Anything but waste the time of your precious life. You only have one life! Don’t waste it.

• Whynot
    Whynot

May I suggest that you find the nearest masonic temple and start there? I think they can offer some helpful information. They're pretty accessible.

• Whynot
    Whynot

About numerology, a relative of mine at bethel mentioned to me that back in the 90s a GB member used numerology to unlock messages in the bible. It wasn't anything crazy. I didn't remember all the details. This bethelite mentioned it as if it's something this GB member did casually and just for entertainment.

• Londo111
    Londo111

The Knights Templar were basically all wiped out in the 1300's.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I would suggest that a good place to begin might be Wikipedia, but you've probably already looked there. The Wiki articles will provide links to other articles that will lead you right down the bunny hole.

Let me also suggest you look into the idea that many of these places of power are found at the intersections of ley lines - a subject about which I know nothing.

Happy trails to you!

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I'm hearing that Temple Farm, Chelmsford - Order of Jehovah's Witnesses is housed at building 33. The land is not owned by Watchtower but the Knight's Templars - anyone else heard this or know how I could confirm it?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I would respectfully suggest people check there own ideas before Posting. The ownership of the Chelmsford Site is a doddle to look up, on the Land Registry Site.

Look at the thousands of places with "Temple" in their name and you will usually find a connection to some ancient Temple yes, often older than the Knights Templar.

Sometimes a farm is called Temple Farm because the owner was one Mr Temple. I challenge anyone to deliver proof positive, that stands Scrutiny, that there ever was any direct connection by the JW Org to the Freemasons or the Templars.

Conspiracy Theory grade stuff on here lowers the quality of this Site, and negates its purpose.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

People looking for a conspiracy can usually find one, then the next step is to project ulterior motives onto others based on the assumed conspiracy. It seems to be a common failing of human nature.

Curiously, it is a historical fact that many of the American revolutionaries, and several of the early Presidents, were members of the Masonic Lodge. There was even a political party formed in the 1820's called the Anti-Masonic party, largely formed by people who were suspicious of the Masons and their prominence in business and politics. It was the same sort of conspiracy theorist thinking that is happening nowadays.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" It was the same sort of conspiracy theorist thinking that is happening nowadays."

To a degree yes, but of course the influence of the Masons in the areas you discuss was insidious and corrupt, and though the movement is waning, it still goes on today too.

The more outrageous Conspiracy theories of today are laughable of course, but the linking of say Russell or Rutherford to the Masons is not too unbelievable, and would be quite damning, but there is simply no solid, or even near satisfactory, evidence for it, or for any links by JW's today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit