JW’s and Charity Organizations

by longgone 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

When I was a Cong. Secretary back in the day I used to run the Gift Aid scheme whereby the cong claimed back the income tax contributors had paid on their donations. Every year we received a cheque from The Government. Thank you.

Nowadays I think it has to be done through Bethel, if it still exists. Our only claim to being a charity was being a recognised religion,but that was enough to have the British tax payer subsidise the work.

Nowadays the Society makes much of their relief work after disasters but that is for their own , through the congregations, not for the community...

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

My family inherited some money from a relative. How the " Brothers " found out about that no one knows? But they came with their hands out wanting some of that cash. My dad had enough sense to tell the "Brothers " to get lost tactfully.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FOOLEDNOMORE:

I can’t believe the ‘brothers’ came around asking for cash because they learned there was a family inheritance!!!

Never heard this before but they are becoming ever nervier.

Maybe somebody in your immediate family or JW relative bragged about it. The fact is:..somebody opened their mouth.

I never had Witnesses in my family so the idiocy of blabbing personal business - especially financial affairs - (like a 5 year old child) was incomprehensible to me..Any adult who opens their mouth like this doesn’t have the brains they were born with as far as I’m concerned.

I’m glad your dad had the sense to tell the ‘brothers’ to ‘get lost’ whether it was tactful or not.. They deserve to be told off a lot worse!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit