Child Abuse

by AshleyCollins 25 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Of course child abusers are not true jws, because I think those would never do this." - AshleyCollins

Say this out loud a few times and then think about it:

"Of course child abusers are not true Catholics, because I think those would never do this."

The Catholic Church has a child abuse issue and Jehovah's Witnesses have a child abuse issue. Both are equally culpable before their god and the state.

• Listener
    Listener
    Ashley Colllins - Of course child abusers are not true jws, because I think those would never do this

If that were the case then they wouldn't need their Judicial Committees. But they have plenty of JCs. They also have a system that they will forgive a JW of their serious sin, including child abuse, if they think they are repentant.

All JWs sin, some worse than others.
  • waton
    waton

wt daily text July 26,; 1John1:8 "If we make the statement we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves. " ditto crime.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

sparky1 you beat me to it

."Of course child abusers are not true Catholics, because I think those would never do this."

Welcome Ashley Collins ,

Their were 1006 cases of child abuse cases handled by a judicial committee of 3 Elders over a period of many years ,that is upwards of 3018 elders who knew of child abuse and not one of them reported this crime to the appropriate authorities either Child Protection , or the Police.

Shame on them.

• Giordano
    Giordano

The Society loves to remind it's followers that first Century Christians followed the 'two witness rule' reaffirmed by Jesus..... who happened to be raised in the Jewish culture.

This is interesting because in the case of adult rape only one person the victim is necessary for the congregational Elders to take action.

On the other hand Jesus also said 'do not hinder the children from coming to me'. Apparently one of the few times he mentioned children......... but still loud and clear.

I would think being under the control of a JW pedophile or any pedophile would be 'hindering' .........in the extreme.

The history of the JW culture is as follows: In it's earliest years .....Anti Marriage.......when that didn't work out......... anti having children as it was a time waster when there were so many doors to knock on.

To this day there is no real role for women other then pioneering and still nothing for children........ not even a swing to sit on after the meetings.

Obedience is the only meaningful requirement for every JW.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

And as well as elders not reporting it to the law enforcement officers even where mandatory reporting is the law of the land, they say that there is nothing stopping the child's parents from reporting it, because the parents are the ones bringing their child up. Except where the child's abuser is the parent or step-parent, well obviously it just won't happen.

The WT has articles on helping the adult victims of incest. Unfortunately they neglect to help the victims of incest while they are still children.

As Jesus said "by their fruits you will recognize them".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit