Child Abuse

by AshleyCollins 25 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Ashley:

sign up for Google Alerts if you want a n insight into the legal issues of the Tower. An alert just came out today re a $2.4 million lawsuit by an Australian for abuse. If this is won, there were over 1006 perpetrators found to be in Australia via the AR C a few years ago. Look up Australian Royal Commission and search for the records.

If those cases go to courts in Australia, there will be no more WTBTS.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Sorry, left out the fact that none of those perpetrators were reported to the law.

• AshleyCollins
    AshleyCollins
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

thank you! so you're still in the org but inactive?

i just have to say...lately i have been having what i'd call an internal crisis.

i asked the universe or shall i say i was praying to god that i want to get to know him and the way this life and world works... i know about the secret societies, dramas, poisoning, mind controlling...
    and i think universe guides me. the only thing i fear is whether it is good to know all the stuff i know in kinda early stage of my life lol.
    after everything i know and the way my mind works, i don't think i can marry a jw (just for the sake that i don't like to go out to ministry)

anyway....how do they proceed at the court then? when they cannot seek anyone worldly like Kenneth?

• AshleyCollins
    AshleyCollins

@truthlover123

they weren't reported why?

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Cause they called their Legal Department and received instructions not to do so, and those perps - even though they may have been reproved at some point, had no legal courts to answer to.. just the 3 man JC--and some of those had a good old boys club - protecting each other.. not to mention, no one could "gossip" and tell others with children that there was a perp in their congregation - so other children were in harms way. The lessons this month was a CYA situation and made the lessons studied seem like the protection was always there for the children, when in fact, it was not.

• AshleyCollins
    AshleyCollins

@Incognito

Hi Incognito,

thank you very much for your explanation! Finally it makes more sense to me. And it is terrible that parents remain unaware and their child can get under the attack... :(
    While reading the comment and the part about the database I just wondered... what is the point of this organization? Like really. When they control every move. Like I get it, it is logical to keep track with who does this or that in order to want to protect "Jehovah's name" aka themselves ( GB I guess?) but what is their point. Why do jws give them money just so they can wear an expensive watch publicaly and actually I would say protecting molesters :/

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Welcome to the forum Ashley.

You are right. There are pedophiles in many organization including non religious ones.

Just to sum things up. The pedophile problem is particulaly serious among Jehovah's Witnesses for a number of reasons

1. Elders will not report or encourage Witnesses to report accusations of child sexual abuse to authorities unless it it mandated by the state. In fact they tend to discourage such reporting to protect the image of the organization

2. Young girls are often grilled by untrained males (elders) for humiliating details of their ordeal.

3. The two witness rule is applied before any action can be taken against the accused when pedophiles never carry out their misdeeds when others are around...whereas the authorities could easily find corroborating DNA evidence if they were involved in the case.

So in effect, the WTS is failing to protect victims while at the same time protecting the pedophile and allowing him access to other children.

It is interesting in scripture that the two witness rule was not applied when a woman was raped without witnesses in the field. So why don't they apply this scriptural distinction to young children? Wouldn't want to sully the image of God's organization is all I can come up with.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Ashley Collins, I'm not active, have not been disfellowshipped, will not disassociate. Years ago, I walked in the KH, approached two elders in a backroom doing some paperwork, simply resigned, walked out, and have never returned.

Lately, I've been working on disappearing from the internet, it can be done, it just takes a little effort. I've changed phone numbers a few times and closed all social media accounts that were in my name. I will change identity here also.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Vanderhoven, great summary. While reading about the Boy Scouts of America, outsiders told them that with their current policies that they were a magnet for pedophiles.

• zeb
    zeb

An Australian law suit against wt.

.Lets see if the media here take notice of that one.

I hope the complainants have a well informed legal team.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit