How Rutherford did a backflip (flop) off the Great Pyramid

by TerryWalstrom 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

In 1924, Judge Rutherford published an article which referred to the Great Pyramid as "the Scientific Bible" and added that measurements on the Grand Gallery inside the Great Pyramid confirmed the dates 1874, 1914 and 1925.

1925 was the famous blowout date for the return of "ancient worthies" about which the Judge said, "I made an ass of myself."

Just four years later, Rutherford did one of his famous about-face reversals.

Whereas previously the Watchtower had taught that the Great Pyramid was probably built by Melchizedek, or Shem;*

Rutherford now said the Great Pyramid was constructed "under the direction of Satan the Devil." **

November 15, 1928, Watchtower, p 344

• darkspilver
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Just more proof of how full of shit Russell and Rutherford were.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Hard now to credit that "Pyramidology" was once considered a science. (Not for long, though!)

• venus
    venus

Ultimately, convenience is the key.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Simply because Jw`s re-interpret / revise their early history ,leave out the embarrassing / incriminating stuff the majority of JW`s nowadays have no Idea about the absurd teachings that were accepted as Divine truth in Russell``s and Rutherford`s days.

How many JW`s today know that the organization believed and taught in their publications that 6000 years of human history ended in the late 1800`s and that the 7th day began back then before 1914 .?

How many know about their belief in Pyramidology and their connecting it to Bible scriptures and prophecy and taught it as "Truth"

How gullible people are who believe in " past truths" .."present truths" and ..."future truths" when the nu-lite is revealed rationalising how past "truths" failed to come true or materialise .

• venus
    venus

smiddy3,

That's an interesting expression: "" past truths" .."present truths" and ..."future truths."

This means:

Every teaching is the offspring of the time and circumstances

Every religion is the offspring of the time and circumstances

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

An "active" JW I know told me his grandmother refers to previous teachings in a peculiar way I have never heard before.
    She says, "Yes--that USED TO BE true."
    Interesting way of dealing with changes.

This document lays out the constant changes of mind clearly demonstrating

This organization is not channeling TRUTH--it just cannot make up its collective mind about anything for very long.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UrjfNBy6jlZ8lSibVe7VSRgihTxkwqbrLUzIHLGFH-E/edit?usp=sharing

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

There are some pictures of Rutherford scrambling about the pyramid too. Looks like the heat is getting to him.

http://truthhistory.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/kinemo.html

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Looks like the heat is getting to him"...........you bet! He probably was thinking, 'I could use a drink about now.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit