People's Pulpit?

by bcpenney 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bcpenney
    bcpenney

Hi All

I believe there was a magazine or newspaper published during Russell's time called The People's Pulpit. I'm specifically trying to locate Vol. 2, No. 1 (c). Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

penney

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

Is this it? It's a book though but the whole thing is uploaded and it fits the timeline regarding when in print; LINK

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Ummm the People's Pulpit Association was a corporation formed in 1909 to facilitate the move to New York. The name was later changed to Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.

I wasn't aware of a periodical by that name.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Hey, I just found it (I hope this is the one you're looking for). It turns out the name was changed to Everybody's Paper, but this is vol. 2 # 1.

http://wtarchive.svhelden.info/english/everybodys-paper/

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle
    error
  • bcpenney
    bcpenney
    Thank you all for the replies. Yes, it does seem the name was changed to Everybody's Paper at some point. But the link provided by neat blue dog doesn't seem to have the issue I'm looking for. There's two editions of vol. 2 #1 at the wtarchive link, but I'm guessing there must be another one, hence the (c) in the reference. The copy I'm looking for is suppose to have a picture of around 30 people on page 4. Hmmm...
  • Old Goat
    Old Goat
    People's Pulpit v 2 no. 1 has two sermons by Russell, Gathering the Lord's Jewels and Thrust in Thy Sickle. These are followed by an attack on 7th Day Adventism. There are no photos.
  • Old Goat
  • bcpenney
    bcpenney
    Old Goat, thanks for looking! Is there somewhere these are posted that I might go through other issues? Thanks!
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

bcpenney:

Atlantis has one here with about 30 people on the last page but it is not the issue you mentioned. Could there be a typo somewhere on the number of the issue? Old Goat is right about vol.2 . I'll send you a pm.

Petra!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit