Stonewalling and the Governing Body

by UnshackleTheChains 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Anthony Morris DeTurd
    Anthony Morris DeTurd

Hello, friends. I thought I'd let you know what it feels like to be on THIS side of the GB fence: we're scared. It's like this quote from the YPA book...

“Our teacher asked the class what we thought about evolution. I knew this was a perfect chance to share my faith. But I completely froze and said nothing. Afterward, I felt really bad.”—Jasmine.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102011141?q=always+ready&p=par

You see, we're so used to being worshipped valued by you dear friends, we just freeze if anyone dares to ask a logical question.

So, stay with us - just obey and you'll be blessed. One brother said "I would rather have Questions I cant answer, than Answers I cant question" , but where is he today? His name was Ray Franz and he was a GB member that DID do media interviews. Enough said...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh Brother ToMo3, I'm so happy you are here!! May I kiss your pinky ring?

Oh and can you please advise me if these trousers are too tight? I am putting on weight, so things are a bit snug nowadays....

Oh, and can I please have an autograph...from Caleb and Sophia?

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Welcome AMdeT - It's good that you have "independent thinking" and decided to actually question what the WTBTS's rulers declare is absolute truth - until they change it.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Isn't there stonewalling at every meeting of Jehovah's Witnesses? If, at the WT study someone asks a question, they are told "this isn't the time" Is there a public Q&A portion EVER? If anyone has questions they are fielded in some other way than in a public forum, this is not an open religion, it is a cult

• freddo
    freddo

It is even rare to be allowed to ask a question in elders meetings of the CO. If he doesn't like it he will quickly shut it down.

I remember a classic elders school in the UK in the 1990's where they allowed an "any questions (about judicial procedure)" at the end. We had had 8 hours on a wet and rainy December weekend and faced a two hour drive home.

After about three or four questions from wannabee keeners in the nature of "what counts as gambling" and "what's the difference between "heavy petting" and "loose conduct" sort of thing this crusty old boy says ...

"I have a question. I'm tired and have been sat here for eight hours. Can we go home please!?"

And the instructor said yes and wrapped it up!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Why do the GB stonewall individuals with legitimate questions.

Because they are a cult and have things to hide. It's not in their best interest to be under scrutiny.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@stuckinarut2: "Jesus supposedly said 'you are the light of the world...do not hide your light under a basket...but let it shine...etc'. So why do 'Christ's brothers' act so defensively and secretively?"

Because they're "basket" cases. That's why.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    Anthony Morris DeTurd6 hours ago6 hours ago
    Hello, friends. I thought I'd let you know what it feels like to be on THIS side of the GB fence: we're scared. It's like this quote from the YPA book...
    “Our teacher asked the class what we thought about evolution. I knew this was a perfect chance to share my faith. But I completely froze and said nothing. Afterward, I felt really bad.”—Jasmine.
    https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102011141?q=always+ready&p=par
    You see, we're so used to being worshipped valued by you dear friends, we just freeze if anyone dares to ask a logical question.
    So, stay with us - just obey and you'll be blessed. One brother said "I would rather have Questions I cant answer, than Answers I cant question" , but where is he today? His name was Ray Franz and he was a GB member that DID do media interviews. Enough said...

Hey Tony.

Thanks ever so much for your incredibly enlightening answer.. You are so brave coming out of the closet (so to speak) and speaking your own mind. Like wow. Its such a privelage. I always knew there was a heart in there somewhere. I look so forward to your candid, open minded thoughts in future.

Best of luck 😋

UnshackleTheChains

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Only people who - deep down - know they're wrong, but have everything to lose, will bend over backwards - up to and including active dissemination, misdirection, and outright deception - to avoid any scenario which may expose it.

Once again, for the newbies lurkers, and trolls...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, you beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit