Stonewalling and the Governing Body

by UnshackleTheChains 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Why do the GB stonewall individuals with legitimate questions. For example, they refuse to speak to investagative journalists like Trey Bundy, unless they happen to get caught somewhere walking about in the street by chance.

I remember the panorama documentary 'suffer the little children' where the presenter tried to arrange an interview with one of the GB. I can't remember if the GB either refused or simply didn't reply. She managed to catch the GB member at an assembly, but he just fobbed her off when she tried to ask him some serious questions about WT child abuse policy.

The GB seem to make it a policy to purposely avoid, ignore and shy away from anyone who has grounds to question their teachings and/or policies.

The big question is WHY?

Why are they so afraid to face critical questions. Surely constructive criticism would help rather than hinder the organisation. Refusing to be interviewed or answer serious questions presents the organisation as an insular, secretive, rather odd group with something to hide!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes!

If they are truly proud of their behaviour, teachings and policies, -and have nothing to be ashamed of, then they should welcome EVERY opportunity to make this known!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Just thinking, Jesus supposedly said "you are the light of the world...do not hide your light under a basket...but let it shine...etc"

So why do "Christs brothers" act so defensively and secretively?

• compound complex
    compound complex

I have a video interview of two Irish brothers who came to Brooklyn in order to talk with the GB about their concerns of unrest in Ireland's congregations. It was, I believe, after the Ray Franz incident.

The GB refused to see them.

• Chook
    Chook

I bet if a bloke could walk on water they still wouldn't meet with him.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

One word...cowards. They wrote all kinds of info on Russia but nothing about the Australian Royal Commission. They don't want to be caught off guard. GB member Jackson did enough damage when he made his presumptuous statement. WT doesn't want that to happen again. They don't want the rank and file to see behind the curtain. Too bad for WT that people are looking behind it anyway.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

@CoCo, I appreciate you mentioning that video, of Martin Merriman telling what happened after he saw the Time article about Ray Franz. He had a GB member on the phone, he was asking for a meeting so he could ask what happened. Before they refused to meet with him, they mocked him with heavy sarcasm. It was a faith stomping and grinding conversation.

The C of C book and that Merriman video together totally convinced me of ttatt. Not to mention the horrendous reveal on the Silent Lambs website.

So definitely, they should have met with Martin and spent some time explaining things to him instead of treating him so badly.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Another example, when Geoff Jackson was hauled before the ARC, you know, the whole "you will be hailed before Kings and Governors" thing.

Here he was, with a platform to speak as someone representing Christ's brothers. A simple question of whether he was part of the faithful slave. Yet he dodges the question and says it would be presumptuous to say so.

Now, if he really believes that he is the faithful slave, and that millions if not billions would benefit by following the advice of he and his cohorts, he obviously should shout that from the rooftops. Or, maybe he doesn't really believe it? Hmmmm. Almost a Peter-like denial of Christ there, wouldn't you say?

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Jackson cleverly inserted the word "seem" before he said Presumptuous.

Jmo, he was saying that it was not presumptuous for him to say he was part of the fds, but that it would SEEM to be presumptuous if he said it.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

The evasiveness of the Governing Body is a black spot on God's Earthly Organization/Printing Corporation. Clearly shows that they have nothing they can say to the world because they are delusional idiots and deep down in their unconscious they know it but is suppressed from consciousness because of corporate brainwashing. It takes a severely brainwash individuals to run God's Earthly Organ the more brainwashed are chosen to steer it like a real Jehu Chariot Driver into oblivion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit