The Mexican Scandal

by Kent 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Norm
    Norm

Hi there Mulan and Had Enough,

The reason you see some misspellings is probably because the documents are skanned and then OCR'd. I noticed that some single letters was detatched from some words which is typical for OCR. There are also an odd period and comma where it shouldn't be which is also typical.

I will talk to Kent and ask him to clean it up.

Norm.

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

To Norm:

I appreciate your explanation for the documents seeming unreal due to the scanning. Even if the misplaced periods or commas and detached letter or two were not due to scanning, they still do seem real to me anyway, as the documents with the errors came from the congregations or the brother submitting a zone report to the WTS and these letters also wouldn't be on WTS letterhead.

The letter from the WTS headquarters was on letterhead and, as we would expect, did not have spelling or typing errors. Their letters always seem to leave their offices in a very efficient and perfect manner.

These documents also seem truly authentic since they are also in Ray's C of C book as documents he had in his records to be able to tell us about this in the first place.

I am extremely happy Kent has put these on his website for those, who don't have Ray's book, to see. Thanks for your interest in helping to present these facts for all to see and believe.

I truly wonder how JWs could see these facts and not see the hypocrisy of those supposedly taking the lead in providing the sheep with "care and feeding". I truly hope more eyes will be opened as these kind of things are made public on the websites of those dedicated to exposing the WTS for what it really is doing.

Had Enough

• Kent
    Kent

Hi Mulan!

I looked at those documents and they don't look authentic. I was excited because I could print them and leave them at my mother's house to read, because she and her former Gileadite husband, have always said that situation was impossible, and I was lying. There is no letterhead, words are misspelled, and there are numerous typos. Where did you get this, and why would a person believe it is the real thing. You could have typed it, and posted it.[i/]

If you look at the letters, you will see that they can be Page 4 in a letter, and the letterhead is only at the FIRST page.

Words misspelled? You obviously haven't seen many letters and papers written by the rocket-scientists in the Watchtower! Remember that some of this is written by people speaking SPANISH - and they write in ENGLISH. (Let me see your Norwegian spelling :))

Besides that, a JW drone doesn't have a university degree, remember? I can assure you that these letters are authentic. Did you ever compare the text here with what is written in Ray Franz' book? Try, and I'm sure you will be surprised!

Yakki Da

Yakki Da

[i]Kent

http://watchtower.observer.org
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine

Are these authentic enough for you?
    Just let the Society try and dance around these Mexican sandals!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hi Kent,
    Thanks for the explanation. I believe what you are saying, but my Mom would jump right on those little things and would never admit that they aren't just "right on" as far as grammar and all, and would never misspell a word. Thanks anyway. I may try it, and see what she says. As to the letterheads, I'm not sure that would work either. We have lots of WT letterheads here, and we could sure make a fake document. Oh well. Some of these people need to be HIT on the head I think.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hi all (esp. Mulan),

I thought that you might need to be reminded that the letters in question were all typed prior to the days of computers when carbon paper was used to make duplicates and typos were corrected either with liquid paper or erased by hand and typed over. It is not surprising to me that there seem to be errors, overstrokes, etc. Take into account that the letters FROM Mexico were typed by elders who were not necessarily professional typists and who were not writing in their native tongue and it is not difficult to understand the typographical and grammatical errors.

The WT letters are neater of course, because they feel they have a corporate image to maintain AND they were writing in their native tongue!

just my two cents,
    outnfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit