I'm a Cat Toy for the Universe it seems

by arrowstar 18 Replies latest jw friends

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

I was told last night in chat that I had better post about a recent event in my life or there was gonna be a'whoopin'....so here goes...

I was in a car accident Tuesday night on my way home from my Mary Kay unit meeting. I was as happy as I could be because we had a little "ceremony" for me. You see, I've moved up in the company and now am what they call a Star Recruiter. We wear a Red Jacket. I was receiving my new Red Jacket and my new pin so you know I was excited. I've been wanting this for a long time and, by golly, I did it!

Coming home from the event, I was in a right turn lane waiting to turn. The car in front of me had begun to move forward out into the lane. I looked to my left to see if it was clear enough for me as well. I hear my passenger say, "Lisa!" I turn to look and the car in front of me has stopped. I hit the brakes but I was too late. CRASH! We weren't going fast enough for the airbags to deploy. I'm fine. My passenger is fine. I was more scared than anything. I really don't need this now. Let's face it. I'm unemployed. Yes, I have insurance but there's the deductible. Where will I come up with the money for this?

You see, everytime I think I get ahead there seems to be a setback. It's probably not true. But, that's how it seems. There has to be something going on in the Universe with so many people having troubles. Just read back on some of the recent threads in the past week. I, too, am feeling it in my life. Seems I've been crying since Sunday. No real reason just a feeling of sadness. Monday I had worked very hard on the painting that I was doing for the hope chest. I was to meet friends that evening for drinks/dinner. I was nervous about the painting I was doing on the chest. I wanted it to be just right. Well, it turned out quite nicely and I was proud of it. I head to the house really looking forward to the evening plans. It would cheer me up was my thought. At home I have a message that the friends can't make it and have cancelled. (Is anyone seeing a pattern here? Happy, sad, happy, sad...back and forth like a cat with a toy).

I know...I know...this will pass. I will get through this as I get through everything. Yep...got it. Just doesn't make it any easier while you're living it.

My destiny is mine and I can choose to sit and mope about or I can change my attitude. The power is mine. I'm choosing to just get on with things. I'm in a rental car (covered by the insurance) so I have transportation. The Opening Night of Hockey Season was last night and my STARS kicked butt!! I have a Master Consultant Workshop for Mary Kay on Saturday and I will be recognized on stage ftwice for moving up a level. There are good things happening here. Instead of focusing on the negative as I have been, I'm going to focus on the positive.

Lisa of the I'm in my Pink Bubble and nothing bad ever happens in the Pink Bubble

• Aztec
    Aztec

Get out of the damn pink bubble girl! I know how you feel. A friend of mine asked me if I was a drama queen and I said I just had a dramatic life. Lisa, you'll get through this! Hey, at least we have hockey eh?

~Aztec

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Sweet Aztec -

ah yes....hockey cures all...

*placing flowers on the hockey shrine to appease the hockey gawds*

Lisa

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    Hey, at least we have hockey eh?

and don't forget you have your babygirl, too, even if she does have a penchant for giggling and then hanging up the phone on people like a total gimp !! ;) ;) love ya momma

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Dear Tink -

Yep..have my babygirl. I do, however, need to teach her and that side of the family phone etiquette it seems.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

LOL!! i swear no one could have been in my position and done any different! when your own mother is crying laughing and whispering "HANG UP, I'M BEING YOU RIGHT NOW !!" you're bound to get a little silly and button-pushing happy :P ;) plus it was her and not me that pushed the button i SWEAR!!! X my <3

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Arrow: I too am a cat toy...not sure if it includes cat nip but a cat toy none the less <sigh>

• Badger
    Badger

Poor Arrow...

((((arrowstar))))

This will pass...you'll have that pink Caddy in no time

As for hockey, I have to wait to be happy...the Blues don't start until Friday against the Sand Puppies

• little witch
    little witch

Arrow,

I know how you feel. I think we all do, hence the terms "when it rains, it pours", "trouble comes in threes", and "Murphy's Law". LOL

I am so sorry you are going through this. It sure does suck when you are living it, I know.

Just know that you are a terrific lady, with zillions of friends who care about you, and you will come out stronger and wiser in the end.

Last year My father died (October 1), My husband lossed his job, my son got married(stressful), My bills were over due, we faced losing our home, our only car broke down,

my daughter had appendicitis and emergency surgery (on Thanksgiving), and was found to have ovarian cysts at the ripe age of 14....

All this happened within two months...I thought I would collapse from the stress of it all. I thought that I was abandoned. I shook my fist at heaven, I cussed, I screamed, I fought. And I came out shaken.

The only "good" thing that came out of it was, I am much stronger now. And most importantly, I have learned to lean on people. I had to. It was too much to bear. Leaning on someone goes against my nature, I tend to dive inward when trouble comes. But I am learning now to say, "this sux, and I am hurting". And damn, do those hugs feel good. Even it they are cyber hugs....

I apologize for rambling on........I just wanted you to know that you are not alone, and that I lub ya honey...

((((((((LISA))))))

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

(((Lisa))) Its that ying yang thing.....i'm pretty sure. I live in the same universe....it seems whenever I am totally looking forward to/or happy about something, something comes along to burst the bubble.

Just never be happy about anything, and nothing bad happens - oh wait, that's probably not the best advice!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit