About my ex wife, I am now really confused...

by Lapuce 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Lapuce it will be interesting to read the next chapter.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Damn, I hate writing this line, or at least eluding to it:

blah, blah, blah, that Jehovah knows your every thought and what's in your heart.

For you fundie trigger happy exJWs, I'm sure that scripture is on the bitter taste buds of your tongues.

Anyways....Lapuce, stand your ground dude!

• atpeacewithself
    atpeacewithself

Hi Lapuce,

I'm new to these boards and found your topic interesting. I have read it from top to bottom. I honestly don't think that it's your wife you love, but your children!?! I may be wrong, but as the last person said, the divorce happened for a reason Lapuce. I've been there myself a few years ago (divorce I mean) and I also have children. I felt the guilt for a long time thinking that I took "family" away from my children, but in all reality, they are better off now as it would have never worked had I gotten back with my ex-husband. It doesn't take long to grow apart after a separation/divorce. We learn to be free and we change. I think that maybe you should try to make an arrangement to be with your children more often. The courts today are more in favor of the fathers seeing their children more often. I'm sure there is something you can do to make this change.

You also mention having had 3 girlfriends in the past and having 1 at the moment. Is it too personal to ask why the relationships didn't work? How about the girlfriend you have now? Are you happy in this relationship? Is she aware that you have been talking to your ex-wife about getting back together? I think you should sit down with the new girlfriend and discuss this with her. Maybe she will fall in love with you and maybe you with her. I'm sure if you are with her there is something that attracted you to her. I am a big believer in conversation. It's the best and only thing that can work out problems. Of course I can't tell you what to do as you are the only one who can make the final decision, but I think you should be honest with your girlfriend and openly discuss this with her. If she loves you she will give you her opinion and it could help you figure out your problem.

I don't think anyone should live a lie. I did for a very long time and deciding to get out of the relationhip was the best thing I ever did for my children. We are all much happier now. It's not easy on anyone to go through such a thing, but in the end it may be best for you not to go back to her as I wouldn't believe that your ex-wife would let you do your own thing as you mentioned in one of your postings. She won't give up her attachments to the JW's and you will more than likely end up back where you started and have to go through it all again.

It was just my opinion, but hopefully it helped you.

Please let us know what happens...

atpeacewithself

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit