2021 Annual Meeting Talk, "I Will Never Abandon You"

by RULES & REGULATIONS 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

This 19 minute talk by “Governing Body” member Samuel Herd lacks enthusiasm, energy and mostly reads his script. Looks like he was forced to talk about something he no longer believes, but goes along what was written to appease the rest of the ''Governing Body.''

Mr. Herd says, ''Sometimes we have to make adjustments. Now, you may have heard of a few adjustments in our understanding of things already today, and there could be more adjustments that will have to be made later on.''

What are these ''adjustments''? The Governing Body taught 10 years ago that the ''anointed'' would survive Armageddon and move into paradise with the ''other sheep'' and later would go to heaven. He explains that Jehovah puts on a light of understanding when he sees it time.

What is this new adjustment? That all ''anointed brothers will be in heaven'' before Armageddon starts. The new ''adjustment'' that Jehovah shines a light on is, ''because Jehovah is behind it.''

So, let me see if I understand Mr. Samuel Herd. What the Governing Body taught 10 years ago was old light, and with God's permission, they only see the new light because Jehovah shined a light on it ONLY RECENTLY.

God never changes, only the Watchtower Society changes!

James 1:17
    Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Well he is old. I remember the CO losing enthusiasm after the generation thing. I sure did.

• hoser
    hoser

How many times did they flip flop on this one over the past 85 years?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

It's amazing how Jehovah so often sends them the wrong message in the first place and then agrees with whatever change they make...until the next time.

So the last I heard, the number of those partaking of the "emblems" has been increasing every year so I presume that these ones are younger than the ones who had already partaking. If they all have to be dead before Armageddon, it seems to me there could be a bit of a wait ahead. Maybe this is why they went ahead and built those Movie Studios even though everyone else believed when they've been giving everyone the impression that the end was "right around the corner".

I'm glad to hear it because I bought a bunch of very green bananas yesterday and I'd hate to see them go to waste.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    If they all have to be dead before Armageddon, it seems to me there could be a bit of a wait ahead.

I think that is the Watchtower's thinking. Delay, stall, and wait a little longer! Since there are more members ''partaking the emblems'', the end will never come. They will use that excuse on why Jehovah is delaying Armageddon!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Seems like the solution is:

Quit partaking. Bingo! Armageddon starts.

Or Sam Herd is an Uncle Tom and the Token Black Man Puppet of the Otherwise White Gibberish Buddy.

And he knows they're drunk and full of $hit. But has been at it so long he has no where to go.

Snakes (Rich)

• Gorb
    Gorb

He knows that it is all made up.

G.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think the reason the numbers of the anointed keep going up is because the r&f have lost faith in paradise earth being a reality in their lifetime and is not going to happen, so they opt out for the resurrection into heaven the moment they die, however far away in time that may be.

IMHO

• St George of England
    St George of England

Do you have a link to the AGM and this talk please.

George

Edit:- OK I have just found Lloyd Evans videos. Part 1 of 4 lasts over 2 hours and I think that would be worse than listening to the actual AGM. In fact with 4 parts it may be quicker to wait until January.

• Marcial
    Marcial

Have you noticed that he appears more and more rarely in videos or programs on jw org . This could be an explanation of his progressive withdrawal and his replacement to come. What about the others? New faces are showing themselves until now invisible. Maybe I'm wrong but ... I'm going to follow this line of young wolves newcomers and old foxes that are slowly being put away which could justify a certain disappointment like the one this Mr. Samuel Herd seems to show in appearance. Marcial

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit