Russia to liquidate Jehovah's Witnesses' organization
Winning hundreds of cases in 2016 alone in the ECHR ! --the WT will also win this case; If Russia will follow the ruling and what they will do remains to be seen.
WT claims around 223 -to be exact.
Cool. Hey, that ECHR, the Watchtower doesn't break that ever, do they?
Hey, that ECHR, the Watchtower doesn't break that ever, do they?
I don't understand what you mean.
Main article: Article 9 of the European Convention on Human Rights
Article 9 provides a right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion. This includes the freedom to change a religion or belief, and to manifest a religion or belief in worship, teaching, practice and observance, subject to certain restrictions that are "in accordance with law" and "necessary in a democratic society"
Relevant cases are:
- Kokkinakis v. Greece  ECHR 20
- Universelles Leben e.V. v. Germany  (app. no. 29745/96)
- Buscarini and Others v. San Marino  ECHR 7
- Pichon and Sajous v. France  ECHR 898
- Leyla Şahin v. Turkey  ECHR 299
- Leela Förderkreis E.V. and Others v. Germany  ECHR
- Lautsi v. Italy  ECHR 2412
- S.A.S. v. France  ECHR 695
schnell, I still do not understand what you are trying to say and how does it apply to wt.
Well, witnesses are free to change their religion, of course... Right?
Yes, secular law cannot prevent JW from leaving their church.
I think every culture may protects itself again American influence and it's pseudo values.