Move Over Sharon Osbourne!

by HadEnuf 11 Replies latest jw friends

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

As the proverbial "stage mom"...I would just like to announce to the general population here that my two boys & two of their friends had a song from their first CD played on a local (very popular) radio station the other night! Since I consider you all my friends and support network...I decided to do a little bragging. (And besides...since I do not have any friends around here since leaving the JW's...I figured I had to have someone to announce this to!)

They had a nice story written about them in our local paper last week, along with a picture of the four of them back stage at Luther's Blues in Madison, WI. (A top notch music venue...they usually play in questionable bars, etc.) I wonder how all the elder's liked that? My youngest son was never baptized, but my oldest son is still "in" (well...he thinks he is still a JW but seldom goes to meetings...no service...no assemblies, etc.)

Anyway...before I get too obnoxious here...I am just so proud of them. They wrote all the songs on their album and though being prejudiced as their mom...we have gotten nothing but good reviews from people who have heard their CD. They're called Tree of Woe (don't even ask me about how they came up with that one!) and their CD is called Withered Oak. Of course it is only available locally...but if you would like to hear some bits of it you can go to their website at www.treeofwoeband.com .

Okay...I'm done now. Thanks for giving me a listening ear. I'll let you know when I become the "Sharon Osbourne" of Stevens Point, WI!!!

Cathy "The Stage Mom" Laszewski

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Hey Proud Mom !

Cathy that's great. Any chance of scanning the article and posting it here?

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Hey XJW! I would scan it if I knew how...but I am rather "computer challenged" at the moment. I have a scanner and I think I know how to turn it on (probably the only thing I can "turn on" anymore...rofl!!)...if anyone could give me directions on how to do this in an extremely simple manner....I would gladly post the article!

Cathy L.

• franklin J
    franklin J

congratulations! hadenuf !

You must be proud of them! Good luck!

....and go make some new non-JW friends!

Frank

• Seven
    Seven

HadEnuf!! Congratulations to the band and to you the proud Mom!!!!

Enjoy the ride.

seven

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Thanks franklin & SevenofNine! I'm working on the new friends...after 40+ years as a JW...it's gonna take some time to figure out what I'm doing & who I can trust! SevenofNine...that little Ozzie shouting "Sharon" was hilarious! Yup...hope these guys make it; at least in the midwest area. A lot of their music is written from stuff down deep that they have been "suppressing" since being raised in the JW cult. Makes for some pretty poweful stuff! (Ahhhhhhhhhh...HadEnuf thinks she hears the Limo pulling up to her front door...nope...just the UPS dude; and not even a delivery for me!)

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I'd like to hear their rendition of "Losing my Religion"

There is/was a band in Canada where one of the members obviously had some jw roots. A video they did, had shots of a little boy with a briefcase, and later him rebelling. I'm trying to locate that song.

• morty
    morty

YOU SHOULD BE A PROUD MAMA!!!!!

IF WE DONT SUPPORT OUR KIDS,WHO WILL?

THATS OUR JOB!..THE QUESTION IS...COULD YOU HANDLE BEING WITH OZZY?...LOL..ENCOURAGE YOUR BOYS TO KEEP UP THERE HARD WORK.

........MORTONS68

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Congrats Cathy !!!!!

Do they ever play in the Green Bay or Fox Valley area?

Good luck to your sons and move over Sharon !!!!

XW

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Hey xjw...maybe I'll suggest that the kids do a cover of "Losing My Religion"!!! That might be a fine addition to their repertoire! Morton...Yea...I could put up with Ozzie; but he would have to stay permanently in rehab somewhere in south america. Xena...my son's father-in-law lives in Green Bay and is trying to find some "gigs" for the guys in Green Bay/Appleton or in the vicinity. If you go to their website at www.treeofwoeband.com they list where their upcoming shows are. But I don't think as of now that they have anything going there yet...they have to send out press kits to some places before they are usually invited to play at venues where they aren't well known. Thanks for asking! I know they don't have too much on the agenda for November because my oldest son is expecting his second child in late November; so he wants a break to spend time with the little family. He already has a 20 month old...(geeeeeeeeeeeshhh...needs a book asap on birth control!) He also goes to school part time and works full time as a computer programmer plus doing the band thing. But hey...he's got lots of time now that he doesn't have to be a slave to the watchtower! Cathy L.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit