sent us videos from the Legal dept., Accounting dept., Pioneer School,
and so forth.) Atlantis told him that he is walking on a razors edge,
to be extremely careful.
His email message:
1. Watch Tower has no right to demand you to sign a consent form. If
elders are demanding that congregation members sign the form, this
could leave Jehovah’s Witnesses open to being fined.
2. Watch Tower currently retains information about members and former
members with consent. The purpose for signing the consent form is to
retain access to that data.
3. Watch Tower retains more data about former members than existing
members. This data they acquired without member’s knowledge or
consent. They intend to retain this data whether or not a member signs
the consent form. This is illegal but they hope that their "freedom of
religion" card will give them immunity from this law.
4. As many former members (disfellowshipped, disassociated or faded),
should submit a formal data access request to the congregation(s) they
served in and to their local branch.
5. All members who have been reinstated within the last 10 years
should also make a formal data access request.
6. If there is any data that they have that you feel uncomfortable
with them having, you should request that it be amended or deleted.
7. Those who are current members who are either active or inactive and
worried about being penalised for requesting access to and deletion of
your data, please be aware of the following legal fact:
UNDER GDPR, IT IS UNLAWFUL FOR AN ORGANIZATION TO PENALISE MEMBERS WHO
DO NOT CONSENT, REVOKE THEIR CONSENT OR REQUEST THAT THEIR PERSONAL
DATA BE AMENDED OR DESTROYED.
8. Watch Tower and its cooperating entities will face large fines if
they are found to be out of compliance with the law.