Anionted mom says Jehovah may ask her to kill all her family!!

by Witness 007 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tallon
    Tallon

Sorry to read that your mom has cancer.

I think it is sad that she is thinking this way. She definitely needs all the support she can get in order to help rid her of these negative thoughts.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Yikes! Keep the 5-yr. old granddaughter away from her!!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Go show your mom the Greek inter linear Rev. 5:9-10 . Show that it says that she's not going anywhere and that she'll reign as just a priest. To bad so sad!

• jeanniebeanzz
    jeanniebeanzz

This is the kind of crap that made me write my 'family' off for good. when my son was born my own mother said she didn't want a relationship with him because he was going to be killed by her evil god and she didn't want that to come between her and her 'faith'.

That was 18 years ago. I was so disgusted that the only time I talked to her after that was this past year for a few minutes when she called to tell me my father had died. :/

These people truly are sick... their minds polluted and their hearts twisted by an evil doctrine.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

We might call it insane and unhinged, but isn't it actually simply the consequence of taking JW teachings deadly seriously?

I remember other threads where people have described feeling, as JWs, that their non-JW families would be better off dead, because at least then they'd get a resurrection.

• Londo111
    Londo111

If what the Watchtower taught was true, it would be a legit concern for the "anointed". I'm sure she's distressed over the prospect, but I don't blame her. It's the apocalyptic cult leaders.

• Scully
    Scully

I have been concerned about JWs starting to think like this for a very long time.

The GB has been priming the JWs with messages that Loyalty™ to the Organization™/Jehovah™ (in other words, doing whatever the GB says and following written instructions in the Publications™) is more important than any relationship. They've published statements to the effect that "even if what we tell you to do goes against your values, you should do it anyway." Ignore all your ethical boundaries. Do things that make normal people shake their heads and wonder "WTF is wrong with you?"

They have already convinced the vast majority of JWs to cut all ties with Disfellowshipped™, Disassociated™, and more recently Inactive™ people, including their own children, including children who were never Baptized™ as JWs. It's emotional and psychological torture, fully endorsed by Watchtower. They have said, in the past, that only the laws of the land prevent them from endorsing a Theocratic™ solution that would have been utilized in Bible Times - when "cutting off" someone (including your unruly child) meant taking them to the public square and stoning them to death. They have not retracted this statement but maybe the "new light" has somewhat modified their position on it - maybe it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for someone to take the Loyalty™ statement to the very extreme.

*** Nov 15, 1952 Watchtower ***

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."-Deut. 13:6-11, AS.

Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I agree with slim, Londo and Scully....this is the teaching, and she is thinking it through.

I'm sorry for her cancer, and hope some way she will be able to see how twisted this teaching is.

I just went to a funeral given by an evangelical preacher and he talked about the deceased wanting us to be in heaven with her and she was concerned if we weren't saved we'd end up in hell. Same theme...different characters. Ai yi yi. Crazy.

My sympathies to you and yours for what you are going through.

• undercover
    undercover
    Yes my holy anionted mom who has cancer is concerned that the loving God Jehovah may ask her in heaven to destroy here non believer family including her 5 year old Grandchild during armagedon....how messed up are these crazy people!!??

Pretty messed up. But then, she's hypothosizing on a fantasy situation, one that will never arise.

What's even more messed up is that while someone deluded by WT doctrine is concerned about having to destroy non believing family, these same people wouldn't think twice about allowing a child in their care to die to prove their loyalty to the organization/god, by way of denying them a blood transfusion. They are on par with the Baal worshippers who sacrificed their children. Different sacrificial method, different god - same result.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Stupid death cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit