Suspicious Attitude Toward Married Brothers...

by JW_Rogue 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

This is kind of different but I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this. It seems that younger married brothers are viewed with a certain level of suspicion in the congregation. It's like the Elders can be friendly with everyone in the hall including younger sisters. Young single brothers can also talk to everyone as they are single. However, if a youngish married brother talks with a single sister even in passing he is viewed as though he is a flirt or a "player". Kind of ridiculous that you have to specifically avoid talking to certain people at the hall but that is how it is.

• blondie
    blondie

My husband, an elder, was counseled for talking to the sisters "too much" at the KH, single sisters. Now who do they talk to the nonappointed elder's wives with big mouths.

I think they project their own wrong desires and wishes on these brothers.

• schnell
    schnell

Why limit it to married and not single brothers? Why only brothers? I've seen this flirt accusation thrown around to people of all sorts.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Why limit it to married and not single brothers? Why only brothers? I've seen this flirt accusation thrown around to people of all sorts.

Nobody actually accuses you, they just give you bad looks and talk behind your back

• schnell
    schnell

If you don't mind a tangent, I fell in love with my wife years before she was baptized. We dated, it was awesome, and then the elders found out. I got to hear the "definition of dating", "She's still outside the truth even if she was born in", etc. We had to break up, and we saw each other on and off. So much of our lives has been affected by this ridiculous self-appointed ecclesiocracy.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Where I am, for the sake of still in family, segregation by gender is a big thing. Brothers avoid sisters and sisters avoid brothers like the plague.The prudes running this congregation seem to think that just the act of talking to someone not of the same gender is tantamount to engaging in sexual intercourse, sick ba5tards!

• prologos
    prologos

Math 5:28, and the song "just one look, that's all it took" sums it up. For jws, the meetings, from District [region} to field service arrangement, are the great places to mingle, whether you are married or single. Imagine the good chosen seating view you can have on a real well done mating partner, for a full 2 hours. live

• schnell
    schnell

One more reason I don't want to raise kids at the hall.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Schnell did your missis have to get baptised in order for you to marry?Or did you just leave and marry?

Anyway how absurd that two single adults cannot date. What business is it of theirs if they are not even family!😡makes my blood boil. They have nothing better to Do than make up rules and stick their noses in other people's business. They should shove off and volunteer in a shelter or something if they really want to do some good. Idiots.

• schnell
    schnell

@Diogenesister, we had a few layers of emotional extortion.

We could've just eloped and got married in court. But she didn't want to elope, her parents didn't want a court wedding, and I would've "lost privileges... to protect the congregation".

We could've just dated like normal adults. But that's worldly. -_-

She could've rushed through her study and baptism, but she didn't want to rush because she loved what she was learning and wanted this to be the truth.

I didn't want to push her to get baptized, but I admit, it was incredibly frustrating and I broke a couple times. I could've given up on her, indeed I DID give up on her for a while, and indeed an elder told me he would if he were in my shoes, but I loved her. I still love her.

Finally, after years of this, she got baptized and months later we got married! In the kingdom hall! Yay!

And then her sister got married in court and her folks were cool with it, and I was like WTF! ! !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit