newbie from Canada

by invictus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• invictus
    invictus

hello to everyone on the forum. My family and I are indeed grateful for people like you who are brave enough to tell the truth about " the truth " and watchtower . I`ve been lurking for quite some time, and finally got some courage to post. This is my first time on any kind of board so please bear with me.

Just a quick intro: we came to Canada from Yugoslavia 12 years ago and became witnesses two years after. Because of betraying orthodox faith we were shunned by our relatives here in Canada; now after 10 years of being witnesses we are shunned by our wt "friends" even thou we are not disfellowshiped nor we dissasociated ourselves. We started to fade in a last year until we completely stop our meeting attendance.

Our first doubts started around 1997 when we started to experience gossip, hypocracy,backstabing and general lack of love, and what was really funny was that up till last six months we taught something is wrong with us - we are not spiritualy strong, we lack confidence in Jehovah and we should do more. But then, finding this site was a true life saver with all this wealth of experiences, true knowledge of the innerworkings of wt society, different opinions, life stories... it is really great and it made our decission to leave even easier.

Today we had a privilige to visit and spend some time with a wonderful lady you all know - she posts under the name Mouthy ( love you very much dear Grace) and she inspired me to post on this board.

Again, thank you all and please forgive me if my English is not correct( still learning).

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Welcome Invictus!!!! Nice to have another Canadian here!

Rhonda (of the honorary Canuck's association)

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Welcome Invictus! Happy to have you here!!!! Don't worry, your English is fine, and no one will shun you here!!!

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

WELCOME INVICTUS!!!

Nice to have you here!

Walter

• shamus
    shamus

Welcome -to the forum!

We're all friendly here, and won't be treating you like the witnesses anytime soon. You will find that we all got sick and tired of their "christian" love. Indeed, they are the worst at it out of any organized religion on the planet!

Again, welcome!

• Maverick
    Maverick

Welcome, the very things you stated were the things I could not reconcile. You are not alone, nor are you deficient. God is not with those people! Maverick

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Hi Invictus,

Glad you found us and glad you had the courage to post your first thread. It will get easier in time. Just hang in there. Welcome to the board.

• invictus
    invictus

thank you all to your kind words. it is very hard to express in words how much board like this means to some in our situation. you see, we are really all alone - no family , no friends and in the beginning it is little scary, but I am confident that in time everything will be ok.

thank you all.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Glad you got out of the borg. Nice to meet you!

wannaexit

• mouthy
    mouthy

Ivictus---How lovely to read your post. I had the great pleasure of meeting you today & your hubby & your lovely daughter. It so encouraged me...Thank you also for the gift of Flowers & Shortbread. As I told you I do not have the groups now -But I have told some of them I intend to have a reunion after I get back for PA -so you can met all the others that have gone through our support group. It was just great to hear your journey. You will have to post it one day in the future. .Great to have another family of "kids: again.... I feel a bit like Job...I lost lots! Have twice as many as I started with ((((((HUGS))to you all XXXX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit