what do you do when JWs call at your door now?

by franklin J 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I live in a mobile home park - so far - they haven't been by. I haven't even seen them in the park at all. Not complaining, either.

Although... when I was signing up here - I was told by the manager that they don't allow solicitors to come into the park - and he paused and then added... 'except for religious people' - or somesuch.

I've wanted to tell him that they shouldn't allow JWs in the park... as they are the ones he was referring to. Perhaps I will... if they come and bother me someday.

Other than that... I _have_ seen them at the airport - in a cubicle - passing out 'free literature' for people to read on their flights. I usually just walk right by them - they don't say anything... I'm not sure who they stop to talk to... not me, that's for sure. (I wonder if it has anything to do with my 'drop dead' glare?)

Regards,

Jim TX

• rocketman
    rocketman

Wow Blondie, the Lutherans are haead of the jws 2-0. I'd have never guessed that!

Thus far they haven't been here.

• Emma
    Emma

I just say "no" and close the door. Not mean, not polite, just "no."

• avishai
    avishai

I videotape it. I got em for about 15 min of footage last time

• YellowLab
    YellowLab

I don't even answer the door. They usually ring the doorbell once and they're gone in less than a minute.

It's usually the same brother with a different sister each time. I know this particular individual, who recently inherited a lot of money from his old man, so he goes out in service in his flashy new suits and his Cadillac Escalade with gold trim and chrome rims.

Priorities, eh? Bastards!

• shotgun
    shotgun

Why not try amazing's approach from a couple of month's ago or at least engage them in a discussion about some of the child abuse allegations popping up everywhere....

Ask them if you become a JW and find that their teachings are false could you leave and what would the consequences be for doing what the bible says, to flee from false teachings?

Or tell them them to get stuffed...take your pick

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

They won't come to my door. I am quite certain the territory card where I live is clearly marked "Apostate - Do Not Call". I've heard them ringing the other bells in my building in the past. My doorbell never rang.

I do get the Mormons, though. They're fun! I tell them I'm a gay ex-Jehovah's Witness and they freak out and run!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

They haven't worked this neighbourhood in 2 years. However, when they do they will find an unwelcome couple of streets. Many people in our subdivision have heard the stories of our experiences with the local congregations and they were aghast, then angry. I don't think they will start too many studies here.

• Beans
    Beans

I drill them with Apostate questions and then invite them in if they want and if they don't come in I say I will meet them at Tim Hortons for coffee in half an hour.

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I know it is pointless to argue with them, and I remember how I felt when I was still a drone and would run in to a hostile person. I politely say "No thank you, I used to be a Jehovah's Witness for many years and I am no longer interested, but 'good luck' to you." :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit