Two issues with mobile site

by neat blue dog 7 Replies latest forum tech-support

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Hi Simon, sorry I just thought of two more things:

On the mobile version (I use Android) I can't load images anymore, and when I could (months ago) they would only load in a very low, sometimes unusable resolution. Requesting a desktop version of the site in settings didn't work either, I had to go use a Windows desktop.

Also, all posts used to say how long ago they were written, but that often essential information no longer shows.

Thanks.

• steve2
    steve2

Perhaps a glitch with Android - my apple version works beautifully.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    I had these glitches on two different Android devices and one Windows Mobile. Never tried iOS
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

sometimes the time a post was written glitches...so 2 mins will become 2 days. On Android.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I no longer see any indication of age or time at all.

• VW.org
    VW.org

Paint your phone green and throw it in the long grass and hope no one finds it. Then buy a new one. My android phone has no problems. Data files might be corrupted. Last resort is to delete everything after saving important data then restore to factory settings.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi Simon,

My thumbs up hasn't worked since Jan 2017.

I can read private messages but haven't been able to answer private messages since May 2017.

I haven't been able to start a discussion, since i don't know when.

Is this something that could be looked into and fixed please?

Thank you.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Wow, it must be a different glitch for every individual phone model 😂

Well, Simon said he hopes to at some point release a new layout with an emphasis on being mobile friendly, so standardization should clear up a lot of these isolated quirks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit