Has Anyone been "Spotted" or "Reported" for being here?

by In_between_days 23 Replies latest jw friends

• In_between_days
    In_between_days

Has anyones JW friends or family ever spotted anyone on here who shouldnt be and reported you or confronted you? How did they work out it was you? How did you take it, and if you were in good standing at the time, what counsel did you receive?

• freein89
    freein89

Nope. But sometimes I wonder if any JW's I know lurk here. If they do and it makes them curious and want take a step out and examine their beliefs that is great. If it make them hate me even more, here's the old bronx cheer for them.

Deb

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Oh I know they know. No need to report me.

IBD Same advice as given to previous posters and lurkers. Don't give out to much in your bio, and be careful how you respond to threads. A little bit here, and a little bit there, and people may be able to add things up.

There have been many posters here, who thought their identities were fairly secret. but just by reading their posts over a period of 6 or so months, I came to know a lot more about them then they probably thought they revealing.

• gumby
    gumby

I had Fred Franz knocking on my door one night about 2:45 am. I opened the door and he said......."hey ya dumb bastard.....why have you been looking at those damn apostate site's"? I slammed the door on him and he took off a cussin like a madman!

Gumby

• simplesally
    simplesally

A goody goody JW would have to be spending a lot of time here reading about every newbie in order to figure it out. But there are those ones who "run" witness websites like lady who used to run Great Crowd, and the guy Dang who used to help manage WOL, now manages PLN, who find it their duty to watch the apostate sites to make sure no apostate is an imposter over there.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I know two that it happened to, who are now df'd. Not me so far, but I suspect they know. One of my friends from the KH, tells me two of the elders are computer experts, so if they are online, I think they could justify looking around.

• franklin J
    franklin J

why should any of us care if they know?

By caring if they know, we are giving them the same old "power" over us that they held when we were JWs.

who cares what they think ( we already know what they think) it is what WE think now that matters.

Frank

• Valis
    Valis

franklin...for some here it is a precarious dance between getting outed and having the whole family and friends thing go to hell in a handbasket. I know many here who would love to be really free, but for a myriad of reasons can't and so it is important for some to not have their real identity exposed. For some it is a slow process and for many like Caspian's sister it was all the way, showing her picture, her name, etc. We're better than Baskin Robbins in some respsects...we got 32 Apostate flavors and then some....Eh, we however can shout form the tallest building if we want to....eheh just don't fall off...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District overbeer

• blaid
    blaid

i want to be spotted...call me crazy, but I want them to DF me, I want the witnesses to treat me like I have a disease so I can leave them alot eaiser, otherwise, its going to be tough for me when I finally do...leaving behind my friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

I'm inactive and would rather not be spotted. Sad, and yet true - it's like we're talking about the Gestapo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit