Letter to my (ex) wife. don't know if I'm doing the right thing by posting

by avengers 17 Replies latest social relationships

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

I don't think the society has 23,000 registered sex abusers in their files.

Hmmm

• NEWWORLDSLACKER
    NEWWORLDSLACKER

HELP there is a demonised smiley face paper clip taunting me !

NwS

• avengers
    avengers

Special K.

If you have word installed then all you have to do is click on this link , word will start up. You can choose to open the file or save it to disk.

Hmmm.

I don't think the society has 23,000 registered sex abusers in their files.

I hate to shatter your dreams, but the fact is that there i $ a Watchtower database with more than 23000 registered peadofiles.

• avengers
    avengers
    HELP there is a demonised smiley face paper clip taunting me !

NwS

Hope things will turn out allright for you dude. As you can see you are not alone in this. Thanks. Andy.

• Prisca
    Prisca
    but the fact is that there i $ a Watchtower database with more than 23000 registered peadofiles.

Just a clarification. I'm not sure if it's the nuances of the English language that has caused any confusion, but there is a difference between "alleged" pedophiles and "registered".

"Registered" in the English use of the word, in association with pedophiles, means they are registered with the legal authorities.

"Alleged" means that they have been accused, but not proven in a judicial sense (either in a JW judicial committee or in a Court of Law).

Of course, some of the names that the WTS have on file may be "registered" with the legal authorities, but the rest would be "alleged" pedophiles ie. accused but not proven (or admitted guilt).

Andy - I sincerely hope that your ex-wife and daughters will read the letter you've written and something will touch their hearts and minds to help get away from the trap of the Watchtower. I have family who are still in the WTS, and I live in the hope that someday they will be free too.

• avengers
    avengers

Prisca.

Thanks for clarifying. What I meant by "registered" is that they are registered at the WT.

All details of the matter are recorded, including the date of birth of the pedophile; what occurred; the age of the victim; where, when, and how many times the victim was touched, etc.. These details are then put into a computer at home office for permanent record and can be recalled by those authorized at any time if there is a future

I think it's because of the lack of knowledge of the English language that I used the word registered.
    I'll leave the posts as they are, but will be more careful in my choice of words in the future.

Thanks.

Andy

• Prisca
    Prisca

What I meant by "registered" is that they are registered at the WT.

That's what I figured you meant, but I thought I would explain how it can be interpreted by English-speakers' ears.

English is a weird language at times. I admire ppl like you who can speak fluently languages other than their native one.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Andy, is it possible that you give the letter in Dutch as well ?
    You have put everything in, I possible could think of as arguments again the Watchtower.

It would save me a lot of trouble to translate....

Branda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit