Capitalizing names

by john.prestor 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Just a random thought here but does anyone else notice than when the name "elder" or "circuit overseer" appears in the organization's magazines and books they're always lower case even though they're proper nouns and should be Elder and Circuit Overseer... but Branch Committee member, Governing Body helper, Governing Body member, they get to be capitalized. Another subtle indication of how the Governing Body and other high-ranking elites see themselves, I think.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

You are right I had noticed this too. Specifically the change in one article from lower case to upper case.Its in the watchtower 2017 february page 22 where it discusses who is leading the Jdubs .

Peace

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

If anyone wants to know, The above mentioned watchtower article in paragraph 12 states "the GB is neither inspired nor perfect. It can make mistakes when explainign the Bible or directing the organization......"

It makes for an interesting read.

Peace

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

In one breath they say they are not inspired and in the very next para they say that they are . Check it out.the mind boggles.

Peace

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Watchtower February 2017, pars. 12,13 pp. 26,27

"WHO REALLY IS THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE?"

12 The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction. In fact, the WatchTower Publications Index includes the heading “Beliefs Clarified,” which lists adjustments [aka rejections/reversals] in our Scriptural understanding [aka interpretation] since 1870. Of course, Jesus did not tell us that his faithful slave would produce perfect spiritual food. So how can we answer Jesus’ question: “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave?” (Matt. 24:45) What evidence is there that the Governing Body is filling that role? (None whatsoever!) Let us consider the same three factors that directed the governing body in the first century.

13 Evidence of holy spirit.* The holy spirit has helped the (present) Governing Body to grasp Scriptural truths not previously understood. (by Russell, by Rutherford, by Knorr, or by Franz) For example, reflect on the list of beliefs clarified (reversed) that was referred to in the preceding paragraph. Surely, no human deserves credit for discovering and explaining these “deep things of God the org! The Governing Body echoes the apostle Paul, who wrote: “These things we also speak, not with words taught by human wisdom, but with those taught by the spirit.” (1 Cor. 2:13) After centuries of apostasy and spiritual darkness, can anything other than holy spirit explain the rapid increase in spiritual understanding since 1919?" (Money, maybe?)

* w62 12/15 p. 762 We Need Jehovah’s Organization - "The care of God’s organization today is not in the hands of men who are inspired by God. They can make mistakes as any imperfect man can."

So exactly what/who is inspiring them, and why would anyone trust them?

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Yep, total bullshit.
    jtg

• carla
    carla
    I noticed that years ago with the Holy Spirit and gb, my jw did not see the significance of it even after I attempted to explain it. I never capitalize jw's in any of my posts, just flat out refuse to even at the start of a new sentence. Yes, my little disrespectful immature middle finger to them.
  • johnamos
    johnamos

I have noticed that when they refer to the 'first century' governing body they put the g and b in lower case but when referring to 'modern day' Governing Body they capitalize the G and B.

• dynamiterose77
    dynamiterose77

I never noticed that... but it makes sense. This is what marketing departments do for brands all the time as subtle ways of leading an audience in advertisements. And you are correct, in the design world it's one of ways that you set up a visual hierarchy to organize information for the viewer so they know what is "most important."

• o n 3
    o n 3

Satan uses the most clever tricks doesn't he. Subliminal is one of the favorites.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit