Was / Is God biased ? prejudiced against certain Peoples / Tribes or Nations ?

by smiddy3 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Let me explain :

After the creation account of the Bible, Tribes of People and Nations began to form and spread around the land.

God first chose Noah and his family to protect them as he destroys all others in the flood.

And he ticks off everyone in Babel ? And then he favours Abraham and his descendants as the Nation of Israel culminating in the Jewish lineage to Jesus the son of GOD.

He has never had any dealings with any other people`s or Nation isn`t that some form of favouritism ? Bias ? against other peoples ?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Of course....that's the whole point. It's called family.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

It is a brutally effective way of showing who the real God is, and how he treats those who are on his side versus those who oppose him.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

in the beginning, man made god.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    It is a brutally effective way of showing who the real God is

Brutal? Or Beautiful? The character of God and the word of God, divides people. The above statement is a perfect example.

The beauty and anchor of faith in God is captured in Isaiah 49:15:

Can a woman forget her nursing child, And not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, Yet I will not forget you.

When God walked among us as a man, he told us the same thing: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand

How could anyone be considered sane that rejects a God that is so utterly devoted to his own ?

The bible answers, "For the creature was made subject to vanity". Being a slave to their own vain viewpoints, much of mankind cannot see the goodness of God. So, God gives some people what they want - freedom from himself.

Just image the level of depravity that is revealed in a person who chooses hell over the tender care from God that is comparable to a nursing mother. Let that sink in a minute.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

The Biblical God's methods are frequently brutal. We can make an argument that He has the right to be so, but I can't see another way to describe it. Ruthlessly efficient, in some cases, but still brutal.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Kill everyone old enough to pee against a wall

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The Old Testament "God" is an invention of the Israelites that helped ensure they maintained their national identity. After being conquered and occupied over and over again some device had to be manufactured to make sure the Israelites where not simply absorbed into the nations that were their rulers. It worked quite well.

Here's the rundown -

• Israel is God's/YHWH's chosen people.
    • One day God/YHWH will send a messiah/promised deliverer to free Israel from captivity.
    • That messiah will set Israel up as the ruler over all other nations.
    • All Israel has to do is faithfully obey God/YHWH and keep their language/customs until that day comes.

So, yes, the god of the Bible is rather partial. He is the god of the Jews first and foremost. He is not Jesus and Jesus is not the god of the Jews. Jesus is not even the foretold messiah.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Like I always said...it sucks to be a Canaanite.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Isn't it obvious?

He only gave the Bible to white Europeans so they could learn about him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit