What made you leave the "truth"??

by NaruNaruChan 18 Replies latest jw friends

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

What made you leave the borg?

• JH
    JH

I would have left the borg for your avatar.

Honestly, I left because I didn't believe in them anymore. They deceived once too often.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    I would have left the borg for your avatar

Well...... it isn't me in the avatar but it's my behavior which is part of the reason I've left. My parents left because of all the gossip about me, some of it true, much of it not. I left with them. But I was creeped out by horny single MS's and a married elder. Very creeped out.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Well, I could think of a hundred reasons (doctrinal ones, for instance) but the real motivation behind them was love. Love (of any kind) can change your way of seeing things (including the Bible).

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

The doctrinal flip-flops were only a small part of me leaving. I fell hook line and sinker for their "new light" conceptaul bull****.

What finally got me going was the feeling that more and more, I was loosing control over my life and allowing it to be run by whatever was the "opinion of the day" of the congregation and elders. Too many people who knew nothing about me making life and death decisions for me. And when I decided that I needed to go back to school, having elders breathing down my back implying that I was wasting my time.

That finally set me off.

• IronGland
    IronGland

Did any of you (intially) leave not because you disbelieved anything, but simply becasue it was incredibly boring? I love reading, I read all the time, but I think the bible is an incredibly boring book. And I especially hated the half hour long discussions about what some Greek or Hebrew word really means. I get the same feeling from certain posters here who write page long articles on some obscure passage from the bible. My eyes glaze and my face crashes hard onto my desk. Something is wrong when any hack pulp writer can write a more interesting book than god.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Sorry to sidetrack your thread Naru, but I think your avatar is in bad taste.

Irregardless what others may say, if a male posted similar with 2 guys glad only in their undies locked in an embrace, me thinks it would be reason for deletion.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I got df'd but still went to the meetings. I quit going because of the hypocrisy --- they say they "love" the df'd ones, want them back, etc. But I was given dirty looks, treated like a pariah, in that not one person would sit in the whole back room if I had occupied it with my 8 month old daughter. I was completely, obviously avoided in the supermarket while "worldly" people were offered smiles and hellos --- wasn't I the one going to meetings and showing love for Jehovah but this worldly person didn't???? Finally, when my daughter's day-care later dropped us like a hot potatoe with not even ONE day notice, I realized that principles didn't apply to them, only rules --- not love, not integrity, not common decency.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

several reasons: the way they treat my daughter.
    My daughter who keeps telling me about the "non-truth"
    The very obvious lies / mistakes they told us.
    and the fact that they should have bored me to death when I had to stay....

• IronGland
    IronGland
    but I think your avatar is in bad taste. I

Irregardless what others may say, if a male posted similar with 2 guys glad only in their undies locked in an embrace, me thinks it would be reason for deletion.

I agree because such a sight would indeed be hideous unlike the visually pleasing picture of the 2 women.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit