Why the move to Warwick?

by optimisticskeptic 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pontoon
    pontoon

optimisticskeptic.........Those funds don't have to last because the $$$$$$$$ just keeps rolling in from thousands of rental properties that cost the corporation ZERO to own/maintain.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Maybe the leadership in the Org privately made the assumption that the disgusting thing mentioned in Matthew were the Arabs that executed the 9/11 attack. The Arabs were standing where they were ought not-Way too close to Bethel. So those in Brooklyn-Judea gradually fled to the Upstate Mountains.

• Half banana
    Half banana

@Nowwhat and Cha ching, I think at a subliminal level this really is the motivation.

The present indulgent lords of the Watchtower are the only beneficiaries of their delusional cult. They hold the reins and they hold the purse strings. The paradise carrot has withered, JC is no longer the world's hero and JW membership numbers are stagnating. . . light bulb moment! Why not use the billions to fund a better environment for the governing body?

Note how perfectly sited the Warwick building is for a midsummer sunset! Knowing that Big A is merely the bait to keep the faithful dangling and with no chance of the world actually ending, then a comfy retirement across golden pond is just the ticket.

• pontoon
    pontoon

Half banana---I like that "across golden pond" I've been calling it "the place at the lake"

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

where is the printing and bookbindery done in the USA ? is it Walkill? if printing eventually is phased out worldwide and the very small amount they need is sourced out then Patterson,Walkill and Warwick and WT Farms will be even more surplus to requirments and even more staff will be culled, the next step must be the future of Selters as Europe is all but finished as a growth area for them.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What cha ching said.

I believe they cashed in big time on their Brooklyn Real Estate Empire. It was a one-time windfall. BILLION$ sold and pocketed, and replaced with an investment of a few $100 Million.

But at the same time, it reduced the value of the old WT Corporations (that are being sued). I suspect all of those BILLION$ in profits are gone. "Donated" away to other "innocent" WT Corporations that cannot be caught up in lawsuits and raped and pillaged of the cash. In fact, if they (or their legal and financial advisors) are as smart as I suspect, they cash is in "off-shore" investments producing a steady stream of income or snowballing for the time that the donations really dry up. Eventually the lawyers will be told that WT is bankrupt from the lawsuits.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

DoC its not quite as easy as that shifting cash one one corporation to another? a corporation as controversial as the WTS are being watched through a fine toothed comb after their child abuse cases are reported on an almost day to day basis, the punishments from the courts and governments are even more extreme if they are found to be doing this.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    With regard to 9/11, WT may have received some bad press for locking their doors and not assisting evacuees on Sept 11."

I heard management gave the order to do this, and everyone stay inside, but the Bethelites rebelled against this and went out to try and help.

Can anyone confirm this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit