Our assembly expenses were $16,900 for ONE DAY - Please share yours

by nmthinker 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    The one I recently attended had the $10 per assigned publisher charge. I heard a couple of folks gasp at the charge when read. LOL I think it was around 3.50 the last service year.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    religion costs money folks. i bet it would be double if it were the mormons.
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would donate nothing. It might look innocuous enough, but when you add in small children, visitors, and the elderly, your share of the load is going to be more than 7 toilet papers. It could come closer to 20, enough for that ice cream cone for the whole family and then some. Or, you could skip the ice cream (presuming it's too cold for it) and get five silver quarters, or 10 silver dimes and one quarter, or an amount that adds to the same face value in mixed denominations. Some might be guilted into donating even more, which yields even more silver coins. You keep the silver--never donate them.

Now, that might not seem like much--until Glencore or some other giant bank or commodity system goes kaput without warning. With the whopper of a silver shortage coming, you will now have enough for 12 weeks' worth of groceries. And I mean splurging, not skimping. Just don't let the other jokehovians know, or they will insist on confiscating it, because you got it by disobeying the directive to donate. And all those who obeyed the directive will do without.

Of course, you could do even better if you don't go at all. You save the gas you otherwise would have wasted going, plus the time. And that's just that much more silver you could have bought--along with the savings of not dry cleaning your suits, whatever you would save on meals, and so on.

• poopie
    poopie
  • Mephis
    Mephis

The cost charged to accounts for Manchester Assembly Hall (Northenden, a listed building and former art deco cinema) for an entire year were £99,629. This excludes a cost of £48,381 for 'refurbishing' the building. Income for the year? £190,141.

If anyone was sat there last year (2014) and told there was a deficit, well, you can do the addition and subtraction.There's a reason the circuit has £289,000 sat in its bank account...

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence
    Why don't they just charge $10 for general admission? Children under 5 get in free. Adults over 65 get in free. Problem solved. Oh, wait...
  • average joe
    average joe
    water,Hand soap, toilet paper,hand towels,trash bags for 10,000 people can cost some serious dough.cleaning supplies, tons of electricity for sound booth lighting,vacuuming, spot lights,air conditioning,landscaping fuel, I imagine the facility isn't used everyday so you are paying for the total upkeep for the whole year including repairs i would think. I heard 14k in daytona beach so im not sure why it costs so much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit