Door To Door

by ladonna 18 Replies latest jw friends

• think41self
    think41self

Stephanus,

Great idea....the next one I see, I'll ask them about it.

Actually, we have them call us on the phone all the time, so I guess they're doing their own version of "phone witnessing?"

think41self

• ladonna
    ladonna

Hi Ozzie,
    I am 'downunder' too.

No...no relation to Madonna. ladonna...just means "the woman" in Italian.

I thought my father was wrong, in fact maybe he is 'spiritually weak'.
    :-))))

Ana

• ladonna
    ladonna

Thirdson,
    Hi and thanks for your reply.

The JW work has gone flat in several countries as I have lived in them, so it is of no surprise to hear that they are changing tactics.

The USA...well maybe they are 'ahead' with methods yet unknown.

Pleasant to post to you again after so long.

Ana

• mommy
    mommy

Welcome Ladonna
    Where I live they are still very active. I have had them come to my door several times in the last 2 years. I have never been contacted on the telephone by them though. I know over 8 years ago, I did alot of phone and street witnessing, I prefered it to knocking on doors.

I am not familiar with their stand now, but I have a really hard time thinking they will ever put an end to D2D. But weirder things have happened, especially with this org
    wendy

• ladonna
    ladonna

ROTFL........

My father.....before I was shunned again used to ask me who I was on the net to all the time.
    I said "Oh, just one of those apostate sites you warned me about."

He thought I was joking!!!!!!!

Ana

• ladonna
    ladonna

Hi .....triple hi think41self,

The link I was given didn't work to this board, so I had to use good old google to hunt it down...I was looking for your name and freepeace's.

So nice to e-meet you.

But, yes....my father did say this emphatically. I am sure that before I was shunned out of the family recently that all his phone calls were used as 'field service' hours.

I think I have been replying in the wrong places and some people are not going to get the right replies...UGH....me and PC's.

Ana
    feel free to email me too.

• think41self
    think41self

Hey again ladonna,

SO glad you found us again

I shall look forward to talking to you some more. I have aol and msn instant messenger, so if you have either of those, we can chat online too!

See you later, Tracy

• ladonna
    ladonna

Hi think41self,

I think I am getting the hang of this thing now!!!

I have MSN messenger...my PC does not like AOL or ICQ...something to do with massive graphic work I do.....

I live...temporarily in Australia but I am a night owl so I will try you on MSN one night.
    I will email you my hotmail addy...I look forward to chatting.

Ana...

• jelly
    jelly

I have noticed them at my university; they set up a table about once a week in the free speech area.
    Provided below is a list of the people I have seen conversing with them:

(1) Mentally ill transients
    (2) Drunk frat boys as part of a hazing ritual
    (I would rather be spanked)
    (3) Nobody
    Also they do alot of mall witnessing now

Jelly (Cant sleep clown will eat me, cant sleep clown will eat me)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit