Door To Door

by ladonna 18 Replies latest jw friends

• ladonna
    ladonna

Hi everyone,
    My father a MS told me several months ago that JW's no longer do "regular door to door witnessing". He told me this as I said to him I cannot remember the last time I saw a Jwitness at my door which was unusual.
    Has anyone any answers to this?
    Ladonna

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I asked this question of my local Dub; as far as he's concerned, the door-to-door work seems to be continuing as per usual.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day ladonna, and welcome to our happy home.

Great name; any relation to Madonna?

Anyhow, hope you enjoy your stay here.

Your pa is not correct about the witnessing thing. The Borg are still encouraging/requiring field service. But they don't seem as zealous these days. When you say "I cannot remember the last time I saw a Jwitness at my door which was unusual", we seldom see the Dubs in our area; probably only twice in the past four years. My neighbour's found the same, too. Oh dear, are the "waters" of support drying up? I thought that was supposed to happen to Babylon the Great!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

Freedom is not having to wear a tie.

• Moxy
    Moxy

especially in urban areas, d2d is not very effective and all are encouraged to use other means, street work (or the related 'approach' work as its sometimes called) telephone, business, etc. depending on the make-up of the territory, there may be very little actual d2d work but this is only true for a few congregations. mostly d2d is the principal preaching method.

mox

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

When I still associated but had quit field service (mid 90's) I noticed the emphasis was changing to street work (Strip Malls etc) as few people were being found at home. I have seen JW's doing street work in downtown Minneapolis and at the Airport they frequently have a desk set up.

It struck me that FS is extremely inefficient in suburban USA much more so than in densely populated areas and compared to what I was used to in the UK. Setting up groups of 3 pairs to go around together in a car to do the odd "not at home" meant little more than a dozen homes were called at in an hour. No wonder that at this speed I have not been called on in 4 years.

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• sf
    sf

Hello Ladonna,

Nice of you to join us. Oh yes, the door-to-door korruption still kontinues today. As a matter of FACT, two young sisters happened upon my door just yesterday as I was in full discussion mode over at yahoo messenger. We were discussing the blood "policy" and "the end times". Voice was on too; loud enough for them to hear it. I told them how IRONIC it was that they should arrive at that moment. I played my cards very smootly as not to give myself away (bwaaaaaahhhhh, i was dying to scare the krap outta them by telling them i am dfed for 24 yrs now; but i kept quite on that). They asked if yahoo was a free download. hahaha...the seed was planted just then.

So you see, it's alive and well here in California. Although, after chasing an elder and two other "bros" out of my hood a few months ago, its quite peculiar they would even step foot on my porch.

bwahhhhhhhhhhhhh if i didnt Know better, i'd think i was being "survellienced". No matter!!

sKally (keen observer klass)

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    They asked if yahoo was a free download. hahaha...the seed was planted just then.

You go get 'em, sKally!!!

Slipnslidemaster: Doin' the humpty hump...just doin' the humpty hump...

• think41self
    think41self

Hi Ladonna,

Welcome to the board! I've been on the lookout for someone named Ladonna. I am FreePeace's wife, if you are the one who emailed him recently, then double welcome.

As far as I know, the "proselytizing work" is slogging along slowly, especially here in the U.S. I don't know where these expanding numbers come from...certaily not here. The only person who's come to my door in the last two years was a Mormon, and a young lady at that!
    We had an interesting discussion with her. We told her about the JW's horrible shunning policy in regards to what it does to families, and asked her to spread the word about it! Hee Hee

Welcome again, and my email is available under my profile, if you'd like to talk some more. Come into the chat room, too, we have a blast in there.

think41self

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

The only person who's come to my door in the last two years was a Mormon, and a young lady at that!
    We had an interesting discussion with her. We told her about the JW's horrible shunning policy in regards to what it does to families, and asked her to spread the word about it! Hee Hee

LOL What a great idea; enlisting other door to door people to do the work for us! Now, if we could only get the door to door people who try to get you to change your phone company doing it...

• esther
    esther

ladonna, welcome,

Door to door is still carried out here in australia. They were in my street last week. I believe other methods have been tried, such as witnessing in car parks of shopping centres, in shops etc. I don't think they are allowed into shopping centres here anymore. (and I know we spell words differently to you in the USA). Frankly, there are not many people at home any more, but I don't know if they preach any other way,

esther

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit