What do JW's believe about the Anti Christ? Been out for 20 years, don't remember lol...

by bobfish 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bobfish
    bobfish

I was watching a video saying with tongue in cheek saying that trump was the Antichrist listing all the scriptures and prophecies... Was kind of funny but it made me wonder what the heck do Jw's believe? Was it that it's other religions or some such garbage? I don't seem to recall it being a specific person but honestly I don't recall at all. The scriptures seem very clear that this is to be a person.

But now that I'm out and an atheist I don't pay attention at all, I could ask my mom but don't wish to open that door! Ok so does anyone remember?

• supernerdboy
    supernerdboy

It had something to do with antichrists, it is not a man. Maybe anyone who opposes the GB? Ah I guess I am healing after-all, when I start forgetting the dogma.

• bobfish
    bobfish

I know right! I've totally forgotten and hate HATE to ask my mom... Ugh she will get so excited about what if I'm coming back, yeah not ever EVER going to happen mom sorry... I was thinking it was maybe part of the revelation book thing but jeez I don't even recall, come on I know everyone is sitting home SOMEONE has to remember this crap!!!

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

recent horror film was entitled Antichrist.

A popular music group named one of its albums Antichrist Superstar.

Friedrich Nietzsche, 19th-century philosopher, named one of his works The Antichrist.

Kings and emperors in the Middle Ages often called their opponents antichrists.

Martin Luther, German Reformation leader, labeled Roman Catholic popes as antichrists.

SINCE the term “antichrist” has long been used as a label for everything from monarchs to movies, it is only natural to ask: Who is the antichrist? Does this term have anything to do with us today? Surely the logical place to begin when searching for the identity of the antichrist is in the Bible, where the term appears five times.

ANTICHRIST EXPOSED

The only Bible writer to use the word “antichrist” is the apostle John. How did he describe the antichrist? Note these words in the first letter bearing his name: “Young children, it is the last hour, and just as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared, from which fact we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not of our sort . . . Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.”—1 John 2:18, 19, 22.

The apostle John understood the antichrist to be all who deliberately spread religious deception about Jesus Christ and Jesus’ teachings

What do we learn from those words? John mentioned “many antichrists,” indicating that the antichrist is, not an individual, but a collective term. People or organizations making up the antichrist spread lies, deny that Jesus is the Christ, or the Messiah, and try to distort the relationship between God and His Son, Jesus Christ. Those who make up the antichrist claim to be Christ or his representatives, but since “they went out from us,” they deviated from true Bible teachings. Furthermore, this group was present at the time when John wrote his letter, in “the last hour,” presumably the end of the time of the apostles.

What else did John write regarding the antichrist? Speaking about false prophets, he warned: “Every inspired statement that acknowledges Jesus Christ as having come in the flesh originates with God. But every inspired statement that does not acknowledge Jesus does not originate with God. Furthermore, this is the antichrist’s inspired statement that you have heard was coming, and now it is already in the world.” (1 John 4:2, 3) Then, in his second letter, John reiterated this point: “Many deceivers have gone out into the world, those not acknowledging Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.” (2 John 7) Clearly, John understood the antichrist to be all who deliberately spread religious deception about Jesus Christ and Jesus’ teachings.

“FALSE PROPHETS” AND “THE MAN OF LAWLESSNESS”

• bobfish
    bobfish

OMG so it's ME!!!! That is so freaking SWEET! I may have to get a tee shirt made!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

You really don't hear about that anymore.

The last I remember, it was the clergy of Christendom, if I recall properly.

Rub a Dub

• caves
    caves

I remember when I was little (the 80's) and the Antichrist seemed to be every newly elected president. Even on up until now. My, how they twist themselves into a pretzel.

Ask them about it after that persons term in office is over and its like one of their eyes start twitching and then its suddenly a taboo topic that shouldn't be discussed despite the fact they themselves were circulating the gossip to begin with.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The theological duality of there being an evil dark god and there being a good light giving god goes far back before the ancient Hebrews or Canaanites, it actually existed thousands of years before with the ancient Egyptian theological beliefs and practices .

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

w15 6/1 pp. 14-15 is the source of Fadeaway1962's quote above if any one wants to go look... 🤔

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I think it's apostates. Edit: Remembering this: apostates that go out of their way to work against the faithful and discreet slave

Those that "know" it's the truth but choose to deny it.

At least that was the answer last time we studied the Apocalypse book in the book study (I think I did that like 5 times throughout my life and at least 2-3 times the "Greatest Man" book before the Knowledge book)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit