Is it Time For Watchtower Begging Again?

by metatron 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Zoewrex
    Zoewrex

AUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

THERE GOES MY FREAKIN' INHERITANCE !

Someone...please make them stop!

• minimus
    minimus

THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY DOES NOT BEG!!! Mentioning that you can donate is not begging. The Watchtower cleverly suggests ways to personally assist in the "worldwide work". It outlines EVERY POSSIBLE way to get money and property to them. But it doesn't beg.

• Zoewrex
    Zoewrex

Well I'M beggin'!

October 6, 2003 A.D.

Dear Elders,

Please do not accept donations from Mr. & Mrs. "Smith". They have already allocated their funds and estate to the undersigned upon Armageddon or their death . T hey have many family members who are interested in weekly Bible Studies and therefore your congergation will actually receive more money that origionally thought by one simple donation.

Thank You

Zoewrex

THINK IT"LL WORK?

• metatron
    metatron

If they keep suggesting it, over and over, they're beggin'

metatron

• JH
    JH

If they need money, soon they will stop heating the halls during the meetings or stop the air conditioning. They'll get to that one day...

• franklin J
    franklin J

my recollection of the WTBTS was that it functioned in a fully capitalist manner--namely it was OK for them to be materialistic about financial pursuits (i.e. investments, cash flow financial returns, etc) they functioned as a corporation and are entitled to all the financial rewards. The real estate that they sit on in Brooklyn NY is worth literally hundreds of millions of dollars. Of course, those JWs who have "means" are most likely expected to contribute their share...and the WTBTS has no shame when it came to money...the pat answer was always "jehovah will provide"

• Poztate
    Poztate

What do you mean again?I haven't seen very many days when they haven't tried to get their hands on your cold hard cash.

They are just aching to get into tithing and would be doing it already except for all the yapping they did against it over the years.

In the meantime they have to be content with the (suggestion) that every one should strive to contribute a set amount at a regular interval to aid in the world wide preaching work.Look to a future article in the wt. where only because brothers came to them wondering what pecentage they would suggest as an offering to Jehovah would tell them to look to the OT and let that be their guide.Of course this would only be a suggestion to the loyal jw and not tithing.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

What do you mean again?

Poz

No kidding. You mean they stopped begging? I thought the last OKM with the big spread of the new printing faculties was focused on nothing but begging.

They are just aching to get into tithing

Poz

LOL!

Look to a future article in the wt. where only because brothers came to them wondering what pecentage they would suggest as an offering to Jehovah would tell them to look to the OT and let that be their guide.Of course this would only be a suggestion to the loyal jw and not tithing.

Poz

Now that is a real possibility.

Maybe a feature in the "Q's from Readers", or as it's more affectionaly known as, "The New Light ® that we are sneaking in".

Maybe a Letter to the BOE's covering, "How to garnish wages of a DF'd one."

Winston.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Ha ha! The watchtower never got a cent out of me.

Walter

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

these few line to thank 'metatron' . His comment, imho,

is right on target:

"If they keep suggesting it, over and over, they're beggin' .."

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

"The truth can never be hurt by a lie, but a l ie can be exposed by the truth."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit