Cooperate Members of the Watchtower Society

by James Jack 59 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• James Jack
    James Jack

A older Sister in Miami Florida has told me that the Special Pioneer couple who got their walking papers last week said they are also voting members of the Watchtower Society. Also his stock share is valued at $800,000!

I did some research and spoke to some longtime Witnesses and found out that there are 500 voting members of the Society and they are also called shareholders.

Has anyone ever of someone selling his share?

• James Jack
    James Jack
    He told her that he could sell his share.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Wait a minute, they vote?!?

• Splash
    Splash

Could they sell their shares to anyone?

That could prove interesting!

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Ohhhhh, the scams within the WTBTS are unreal!

SL

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    Wait a minute, they vote?!?

Yep since Russell's day. In his day there was 4 428 voting shareholders.

After Russell/Rutherford post 1942: No less than 300, no more than 500 voting shareholders.

But the voting is basically just a rubber stamp to re-elect the board of directors.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly
    Certain corporation types have to have voting members by law. It's just the way it is in the U.S. However, them having shares that are actually worth something... well, that's very interesting.
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    And who are the mysterious board of directors? Does anyone know?
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Yeah something is not right, Ive heard of shares but why would this guy have them? I would think you would have to be real old timer, and can you sell them I don't know. Would be really interesting to find out.
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    I don't believe the voting shares are worth anything, nor can they be bought or sold. I have known some voting members and it is a formality to elect the officers of the corporation. The current structure dates back to about 1944 if memory serves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit