Looking for an original copy of The Finished Mystery 1918

by dogon 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dogon
    dogon

If anyone has a original copy of the finished mystery 1918 they would sell contact me at [email protected]

• vienne
    vienne

They show up on ebay regularly. Check there. 1st [1917] edition is expensive, later editions not so much.

• blondie
    blondie

There was the original that got them in trouble with the US government under the Sedition Act. Then the copies that had the offending part cut out, and then the reprint without the offending part.

I imagine the original with the offending part still intact would be the most expensive.

I wonder what mine is, I never looked, probably a reprint.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

I did see an original on eBay not that long ago. Pricey.

I somehow downloaded a soft copy for free, some time ago. The quality of the scan was not great, and the book seems to be gobbledygook nonsense, one of the most poorly written books I have ever tried to read, so I gave up reading it about a quarter of the way through.

My copy had the "offending part", pages 247 to 253 separated out but attached at the end. (I think from memory, it was only a small section from those pages that led to the prosecution.) Frankly, I am a little surprised anyone managed to keep reading it to page 247, to find the seditious paragraphs.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The KHall we used to attend had one!

I know because I often read from it during my awakening!

It was part of the boxes of older books that the then presiding overseer / co-ordinator ordered to be "thrown on the garbage tip" during one working day at the hall!
    I protested that "it was part of our rich spiritual heritage" and should be kept!

He didnt relent. I now know it was because bethel had made such a direction.

I stashed some of the books under the hall and read them....

Maybe they are still there? But I don't have keys anymore....damn!

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I had a reprinted copy at one time. I agree that it was one of the worst written books I ever tried to read. I never did make it more than ten pages.

• deegee
    deegee

www.avoidjw.org has scanned copies of some publications.

• jaydee
    jaydee

For as long as I have been collecting this crap,

everyone always wants The Finished Mystery........lol

I've had plenty over the years,

But these days, I'm down to about my last 15 or so ,

Do you have anything to trade by any chance ?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I'd be interested in buying one as well PM me if you have one to sell.

• dogon
    dogon

I bought one from one of the members here. Ebay has one for 50, seems in tact but spine is loose and pages not attached. I checked the sold price on completed auctions on Ebay and they run for one in poor condition of 10 bucks to a high of about 150 for one in excellent condition. The copy I bought is a 1917 edition and has the pages in tact. Its the Egyptian winged globe on cover. I paid a bit more than I wanted but it is a hard book to find. I have gotten many of the other books for free some from members here.

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/2d80uvk.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/i734le.jpg[/IMG]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit