Another Poztate here

by Poztate 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate

Hi Every One I am a long time lurker who is finally ready to talk.I am not DFD or DA but just walked out on a meeting back in 1981??What caused it???. It was the flip flop in the disfellowshipping rules regarding family. My Mother was DFD back in the 1950s.As a good little Dub when I was an adult I naturally?? shunned her.But wait,new light.In the mid? 1970s we were told to not be like the Pharisees but to recognize that we had an obligation to also honour our father and mother.We were told that as long as we did not discuss religion a social relationship would be possible. After prayerfull thinking about the matter both my wife (strong dub) and myself could see that this was really new light and showed how progressive the society really was.We started to visit 3-4 times a year and usually found ourselves staying at Mom's for the summer convention. But wait!!! NEW NEW LIGHT came out in 1981.It was back to the hard line on family relationships.Who needed your sinfull evil family.You had all the loving brother and sisters as a family.SHUN SHUN SHUN was once again the order of the day.My wife fell into line at once like a little programmed robot. It so happened that the week the watchtower came out we also had the CO visiting.I confronted him before the meeting and got into a big argument right at the hall.I stomped out not to return.An elder friend of mine and the CO came to visit a day later but the bottom line on the discussion was that this was the way it was now and to accept it and WAIT ON JEHOVAH for things to change and to shut up and not cause divisions in the cong.Not for me,thank you very much!! I go and continue to go to the memorial only.I do this to keep peace with my wife and also because right around this time because of Ray Franz i think they brought out another new rule that those who quit were to be DFD also for the sin of quitting.Because of extended family I took the path of least resistance and am still there today. Poztate

• bebu
    bebu

Whee, I think I'm going to be the first to welcome you, Poztate!

Thanks for coming in and telling your story a bit.

bebu

• rocketman
    rocketman

Welcome Poztate...yep, you're right - since the early 80s, those who disassociate themselves are treated just like those who are df'd.

The flip-flop you refer to, as well as your wife's(and most jws) reaction shows exactly how they jws are indeed, as you said, robotic. They cannot (or are not allowed to) think and decide for themselves and thus follow the whims of the WTS. It looks especially bad when flip-flops occur. As you said, there you are, praying, thinking, yes, it's God's way, there's proof from the Bible, and then, all of a sudden, just because some article comes out, presto!... the Bible doesn't say that any more.

• Mystery
    Mystery

Welcome Pozate -

My biggest problem was the shunning as well. I began fading over 20+ years ago. I am 3rd generation JW - all my family is still in.

Welcome to the board.

Mystery

• Aztec
    Aztec

Hi!

~Az

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Welcome Poztate!

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Welcome Poztate - how DARE you question the WBTS in regards to how you treat your mother!!!

Glad to have you here!

• Dimples
    Dimples

Thanks for sharing your story, poztate.

Welcome!!

Dimples

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Welcome, poztate!!! Why do I want to spell your nick proztate?

• shera
    shera

Hi and welcome Poztate,glad your here.

Heather

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit