"ah yes Dad, do you mean those times when Jehovah made those mistakes and errors?"

by stuckinarut2 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

DesirousOfChange:

Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!! Wish I could say the same ๐Ÿ˜ข

But keep up the 'fine fight of the un-faith' ๐Ÿ˜œ (in men, that is)

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    When I sent that clip along with an actual pentecostal revival meeting, and asked what was the difference I got blocked.

It certainly does look and feel more like a Pentecostal revival than a Jehovah's Witness assembly (except for the music).

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    Oops, double post!
  • neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

The music sounds more like a '90s talk show theme. Listen again, you'll see ๐Ÿ˜…

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"Then he said "But things change, and like older teachings, we as Jehovah's people are refined and grow. Yes, even teachings that were wrong are now adjusted"

So how would your Dad feel if things like blood transfusions were "refined and adjusted" the day after he lost a loved one due to refusing blood? Things are a little different when they happen to YOU.

Frustrating as hell when dealing with these people.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"She'll never leave her social group and I don't want her to do that. Where else would she go? But she has cut the money off since realizing that they got BILLION$ from the sale of Brooklyn real estate. Yeah, MOM!"

We know several still ins that go to all JW events but don't donate a dime. They are strictly there to keep "friends" and family. I have actually had one tell me that he will NOT donate a dime so WT can pay to fight pedophile law suits.

LURKERS: IF WATCHTOWER IS HOLDING YOU HOSTAGE, BY FEAR OF LOOSING FAMILY. VOTE WITH YOUR WALLETS! HIT EM WHERE IT HURTS ($$$)!

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

You must understand that Jehovah is going thru a learning curve -- wink, wink.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    LURKERS: IF WATCHTOWER IS HOLDING YOU HOSTAGE, BY FEAR OF LOOSING FAMILY. VOTE WITH YOUR WALLETS! HIT EM WHERE IT HURTS ($$$)!

I have to mention how much I agree with this, wholeheartedly. If you aren't giving Watchtower your money, and if you aren't actively trying to make converts, you are not helping Watchtower one bit.

I certainly understand people not wanting to give up family and their entire social structure by leaving, so they stay in only to maintain relationships, but they are out and non-supportive in ways that really count.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Itโ€™s sick to think we canโ€™t hold hands with our loved ones during a prayer. Bastards!!!

• cha ching
    cha ching

"Don't hold hands during the prayer"

"We don't control you"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit