Is the WTS hiding cash in plain sight? If so, why?

by Mindchild 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Bottom line... what they did is a great way of using money without being detected.

• Prisca
    Prisca

So the guy had a "No BLood" card in his wallet.

OK, the guy is obviously a JW.

I fail to see how the WTS is connected. It's not like it's implausible for JWs to have that kind of money or at least be acting on behalf of a business.

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

That could be true Prisca. I really only brought this information to light to see if it fit in with something that someone else knew about. You never know when one and one will add up. It could be just a routine way the WTS does confidential business or have nothing to do with them at all.

Skipper

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It looks to me as if the money would be scrutinized to whatever extent any 70K cash (x2) in one day transaction is scrutinized here in the US. The sites you mention are exactly what I came up with when I first read your post. They may or may not have credibility, but they aren't saying that the men are exempt from the US banking regulations. I agree however, that on the surface, it looks like a way they could hide money and still be able use cash in the UK or worldwide. They would have had to get the money in the US though, or have declared it coming in, or have smuggled it in (if I understand customs reporting correctly).

• SadElder
    SadElder

$140K is chump change for the WTBS. Don't really see any reason that they would need to hide that little bit of money. I would suspect that that much money comes to the Brooklyn coffers in the mail as donations on a regular basis. Know for a fact that the Treasurers office has some sophisticated alarms installed, pressure sensors in the floor and the like. If they wanted to stockpile cash it would be no problem just to hide away any cash that comes in the mail. More likely that these two were here on some kind of personal business. Just a theory of course.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit