Less facial hair? More spirituality!

by neat blue dog 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

We've often seen the happifying Kingdom trope of a bearded Bible student coming up from the baptism water with a freshly shaven, baby smooth face. Beards, after all, signify Independent Thinking and are best left to worldlings. Our new July 2019 issue of The Watchtower, however, sheds increasing light on the subject. In These Last Days, we should expect The Slave will provide more nuanced teaching aids such as this. The man in the first illustration has a short, well groomed beard as he first recognizes the Ring of Truth, not knowing that this marks him for destruction, as angels depend on dress and grooming styles to decide who to slaughter at Armageddon.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

As he progresses in Accurate Knowledge through his Free Home Bible Study, we notice that the beard has now become a goatee.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Soon, his Bible Trained Conscience moves him towards full assimilation, as he Symbolizes his Dedication by Water Immersion.

This is an important reminder that spirituality is superficial and easy to spot. What a loving, Simplified Arrangement from God's Organization!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The false prophet apostate JWorg wants its public sales representatives/servants to look righteous and clean, that is the upmost importance, one might call it self marketing.

To use an analogy, would an owner of car sales dealership want its sales representatives to look slopping and unkempt ?

There is no law I know of in the Bible that states that men should be clean shaven, even the high priests .

• snakeface
    snakeface

That means they had to let an exemplary brother grow a beard so he could pose for these photos. Or it is fake hair.

In this case he looks much better with the beard.

I remember seeing an old booklet - 1960s? - that had an "illustration" of Christ impaled between the 2 thieves. Naturally the 3 condemned men were clad in only loincloths. How would they distinguish Jesus from the other two? Can't draw a halo...can't get around the fact the Jesus had a beard (Isaiah 50:6, NWT) so here's what they did. The two thieves had hairy chests whereas Jesus did not. A friend and I (both hairy) were joking that this must mean we cannot be of the anointed.

• snakeface
    snakeface

In all 3 pictures he's wearing orange. I guess this is to show that he is the same person....

• days of future passed
    days of future passed
    • In all 3 pictures he's wearing orange. I guess this is to show that he is the same person....

Yes, no one would recognize him otherwise. Although when you think about it, they use orange in prisons too...

Wouldn't it be funny if they showed Jesus with his beard before his baptism, and coming out of the water without it?

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

He looks much better with the full beard. Nothing sloppy or unprofessional about it either, it’s neat and well maintained. He not only joined a cult, but looks much worse now!

• steve2
    steve2

Jehovah God thinks beards are yucky. Sorry Jesus.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

c. 800 BC-600 AD: The Ancient Greeks found beards very important and only cut them during times of mourning. Losing one’s beard was very shameful. Young men were not allowed to cut their hair until they grew beards, and they sacrificed their first beards to the god Apollo.

400-300 BC: Alexander the Great was clean-shaven and encouraged the same in his soldiers, as beards could be grabbed by enemies in “hand-to-beard combat.”

As we can clearly see, the shaving of facial hair has it's origins in false religion and warfare. As true Christians, we would want to be free from such things as they do not honor Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit