UK Hospital using Kingdom Melodies - complaint

by AEnEm 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    AE - "Thank you for your email. I can confirm that Communications have taken steps to change the music to Mozart."

Oh, well, that's better than Cultz art.

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

It is simple. The hospital has one agenda here. Protect themselves. If they did not have permission from the WTS to use the songs they can and would be sued. They will take them down ASAP.

Trauma to ex-JWs. They don't get it.

Coercion re the blood issue: They won't get it.

They rest: They don't get it.

But money talks. And in this case, I suspect, very LOUDLY.

• AEnEm
    AEnEm

Thanks Lee, I am sure you are right. That's why I asked the follow up question, although I doubt they will respond. Would be interesting if they acknowledged any of the other issues, other than simply copyright. I have written to the local (regional) newspaper too but they didn't respond.

• markweatherill
  • AEnEm
    AEnEm

Thanks Mark for sharing that link.

Please consider visiting the page as this will help pull it up the rankings to the front page of the newspaper.

I have let the newspaper know about the specific song they mention as being used (song 60 - "It means their life"). According to the song, God is angry and very soon his day will come. JWs must preach to save their own lives. Salvation depends on "obeying" the message they proclaim. Nice song for a hospital to use!?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Oops, the publicity might mean that the story gets back to Warwick. Still, the fact that they have taken it down might save them from being sued.

Some local dub in the hospital administration must have thought he was being clever….

• JeffT
    JeffT

Good work!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit