Daughter joining JW

by gary 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• gary
    gary

my fifty year-old daughter is studying to be a Jehovah Witness. I am her Catholics father. just wondering because they are not allowed to associate with worldly people. will she still be able to talk to and associate with me. or just on a need to basis. her jw mother has not talked to her older sister for 20 years. because she was disfellowshipped.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Since you are not disfellowshipped it should not matter. But it depends on the charisma in the family too

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Your relationship will not be the same.

In their eyes, you are controlled by the devil and you will be destroyed at Armageddon unless you become a Jehovah Witness.

• Simon
    Simon

How they behave often comes down to individuals and the attitudes in the local congregation.

Sounds like she has some hard-core relatives, so they may put pressure on her to only associate with other believers.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

If you are anti JW you will be treated as DFed. I would learn up on the cult and talk to her to question as she learns from the cult. Once brain washed it will be hard to talk her out of the cult.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Tell her not to join! Have her check out JW facts.com. Would she buy a new car without checking on how current owners like their car? Her eternal welfare is more important than a new car. Tell her to DO HER RESEARCH. 😇

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

My suggestion:

Send her an article on blood transfusions and ask her to explain the contradictions and faulty logic in the WT stand. Also there are threads on this site that will help. Also check out JWfacts.com for a fuller treatment of the subject.

She naturally will consult with her teacher who will demonstrate some eye-opening frustration.

Contrary to WTS teaching, the Bible does not prohibit blood transfusions. Witnesses like to say that transfusions are the same thing as eating blood. They often use the analogy of drinking alcohol and transfusions alcohol directly into the veins to support this idea. Would your doctor who had told you to abstain from drinking alcohol be upset if you had alcohol injected into your bloodstream. Why yes of course. But the analogy falls apart when you ask….Would your doctor, who had instructed you to abstain from meat be upset if you had a liver transplant? No because that life saving transplant would not be disobeying his instruction.

Moreover a blood transfusion is also an organ transplant. You may remember that the Watchtower outlawed all organ transplants from 1967 to 1980 when Jehovah apparently changed his mind on the subject. How many people suffered or died from obeying the Watchtower's medical quackery. What the Watchtower still does not want people to know is that with every major organ transplant billions of white blood cells are passed from donor to recipient. There are 12 times the number of white blood cells found in organs than in the bloodstream. Interestingly millions of white blood cells pass from mother to child when breastfeeding. Apparently Jehovah does not operate by the same rules as Jehovah's Witnesses.

Here are some questions and arguments I put together.

Blood Questions Basic

Where does the Bible outlaw Blood Transfusions? (Acts 15:29)

Why do you think aren't Orthodox Jews bothered by transfusions?

Could it be that the dietary laws in Acts 15 were temporary, designed to help unify Jews and Gentiles.

a. Which components of blood are acceptable and which ones are not? What is the scriptural basis for this distinction? (red cells, white cells, platelets, plasma are all banned)

b. Why plasma? Why is plasma (55% of blood volume) unacceptable when all of its elements are on the WTS acceptable list? Plasma is made up of 92 % water, albumin and fibrinogen proteins. What's the problem? It's like saying you can eat bread, cheese, mayo separately, but you can't eat a cheese sandwich.

c. Why white blood cells? Why are white blood cells banned when 97 percent of the white cells are not found in the blood stream but in organ tissues that are permitted by the WTS to transplant? Of course billions are transferred with every major transplant. By the way,12 times more white blood cells are found in a mother's milk than in the blood. Millions are passed from mother to child at every feeding. Seems Jehovah doesn't abide by the same rules JWs do.

d. Why is it sinful to store whole blood? Where is the biblical exception that allows JWs to have their blood stored in tubes for lab technicians to test? By the way, only blood of animals that were slain by Jews under the law was to be poured out. No one was slain/killed to acquire the blood stored in blood banks. (Lev.17:13)

e. Why is it alright to use the life-saving fractions (eg. Factors VIII and IX) derived from the donated and stored blood of others when these products were stored immorally? And aren't hemophiliac Witnesses leeches when they take these blood products without contributing to the blood bank themselves?

f. Where is the rule found that it is OK to remove blood from the body to be cleaned..as long as there is no interruption in it's flow back to the body?

g. Why did it take JWs over 70 years to find these rules out when they are so obvious to JWs now. And didn't Jesus appoint the Faithful Slave in 1919 when JWs were still being encouraged to work for the Red Cross as alternative service and give and receive transfusions when necessary?

Now regarding the actual eating of blood:

h. Can anything that goes into the mouth of a Christian defile him? Ro.14:14, Mk 7:15

i. Assuming that there is no one around with a weak conscience, should Christians ask questions of conscience about meat served in the home of a pagan idol worshiper who is known to eat things strangled? I Cor.10:27

j. Why do you think Jews could eat animals found dead in their fields (unbled) with relative impunity. They would merely have to wash their clothes and be unclean until evening.

Leviticus 11:38,39 - "If an animal that you are allowed to eat dies, anyone who touches its carcass will be unclean till evening. Anyone who eats some of its carcass must wash their clothes, and they will be unclean till evening. Anyone who picks up the carcass must wash their clothes, and they will be unclean till evening." Also Leviticus17:14,15

• gary
    gary

thanks for all the replies that is kind of what I thought. I am very anti JW and I've given her all the information that you said I should. it sounds like she is already brainwashed . I'm 71 years old and my health is bad . we had a great relationship I'm afraid this might end it. Jehovah witnesses organization is a cult as far as I'm concerned.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Jehovah's Witnesses are taught to "Honour your father and mother".. so should should still act as a caring daughter. Just don't expect a Christmas or Birthday gift or card.........

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Please have her do some research on who her mediator will be.

"Worldwide Security Under the “Prince of Peace” pp. 10-11

“Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the Mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members.”

Atlantis!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit