200,000 evacuated last night in Northern California.

by compound complex 29 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings:

Where a few of us here on the forum live is in an emergency situation. The main spillway on Oroville Dam -- the tallest dam in the USA -- is damaged. The emergency spillway, never used before in the 48 years the dam has operated, is eroding.

Major confusion and panic occurred when the order went out Sunday, late afternoon: THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

Our local roads have been gridlocked, stores emptied, gas stationed closed when fuel ran out. Our low-lying towns -- Oroville, Marysville, Yuba City, et al. -- are ghost towns.

Keep us in your thoughts, please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxbDJlruQ-4

• compound complex
  • just fine
    just fine

Stay safe 🍀

• Simon
    Simon

Unbelievable. Some of the infrastructure in the US really is crumbling and not being maintained properly. This is in a rich state like California. Dreadful.

All those people have had to evacuate in disarray and chaos. The next thing will be deciding if / when it's safe to return.

• schnell
    schnell

Stay safe. Do you need anything?

• cofty
    cofty

I was hearing about this on BBC news today. It's incredible that this can happen. Was the dam not being properly maintained?

I hope you are well CC and the evacuation is not too traumatic. Please stay safe and let us know how you are.

• bohm
    bohm
    I guess the good news is that the initial reports spoke about imminent failure but fortunately it seems to be holding up for now and the water level is dropping.. hoping for the best.
  • Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

IF THEY CAN EFFECT EMERGENCY REPAIRS WITHIN THE NEXT THREE DAYS.More storms predicted this Fri Sat and Sun possibly Mon Tue Wed. According to my android weather report.

Wishing all that's good and safe for all the people there. Hope things turn out well for everyone.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, friends, for your comments and your concern.

Mr. Flipper and I -- "neighbors" -- are above the flood plain and are all right. Those affected are just a stone's throw away, however.

Schools, churches, Beale Air Force Base, fairgrounds, etc. are opened to the refugees. Restaurants and supermarkets are offering free meals and locals are gathering up supplies.

Your kind thoughts are much appreciated.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Luck CoCo..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit