Congregation average

by dothemath 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dothemath
    dothemath

A while back at our CO visit, he commended the cong. because our average hours had gone up.

We went from around 7.3 to about 7.5

I recall the days when anything less than 10 was considered awful.

Of course now, they don't even print the hours in the km or anywhere.

I was wondering how these numbers compared to other congregations?

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    We had a firecracker of a C.O. a few years back and we were averaging over 11 hours a month. After he left a young couple came in and we suddenly dropped to 7.5-8. It never got better in the two years he was our C.O. We also had a number of talks on finding ways to increase time but it fell on deaf ears.
  • Richard_I
    Richard_I
    in my cong of about 70 the average if you exclude pioneers is 10 hours and i think the bible study average was about 1 study per publisher. i must really bring down the average because i only write down 1 or 2 hours a month and no placements/RVs/studies.
  • XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    The best one is the body I was on many years ago. They would take the hours of fathers of children and deduct 4-5 hrs depending on the month. The reason: those hours are the weekly study with his children so the remainder is his actual support for the ministry Seriously!?! WTF?
  • sir82
    sir82

They would take the hours of fathers of children and deduct 4-5 hrs depending on the month. The reason: those hours are the weekly study with his children so the remainder is his actual support for the ministry Seriously!?! WTF?

Oh that's nothing.

Here, when considering the hours of someone up for appointment, the elders subtract out the months in which the guy auxiliary pioneered!

Their argument is that it gives you a "better picture of his 'normal' support for the ministry".

Yes, that is right. Guys up for appointment are indirectly punished for doing what they are supposed to be doing.

"Being punished for doing what you are supposed to be doing" - I think that serves as a pretty good epithet describing exactly the way this organization operates.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    At the meeting between the CO, Elders and MSs during the CO visit, about 15 years ago, I recall the Elders and MSs getting berated. Getting berated during the CO visit about Elders and MSs not going in service. The CO berated them for getting only getting 8-10 hours in service.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    The CO that visited the last body I was on mentioned that all appointed men should aux pioneer at least a few times each year in order to remain qualified!
  • freddo
    freddo

It's slowly dropped over the past twenty years from 8.8/9.0 to 7.5/7.7.

Sister Bumwipe and Brother Depends (you know, they survived til 1975 and were the generation that saw 1914 ...) at 0.25 of an hour don't help the averages mind.

But then we had a pioneer removed but who carried on doing the hours of a pioneer so that added almost an hour to the joe publisher averages for twelve months a couple of years back! When he got his badge back the average dropped again. Ha Ha!

• hoser
    hoser

I remember too that it used to be the magic number of ten hours per month. Just recently we were commended as a congregation for getting 7 hours a month average

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Wow, this so sounds like a sales organization. Only they usually provide the materials and actual training. Pay for gas. . . .JWs should take the one thing they learn how to do and become life insurance agents or something. Maybe employee benefits-aflac. . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit