Christchurch, New Zealand Convention 2018 (August 31-Sept 2)

by The Poetry Of Reality 10 Replies latest jw friends

• The Poetry Of Reality
    The Poetry Of Reality

Anyone have the attendance numbers/baptism numbers for this?

I would also be interested to find out the Convention attendance stats for New Zealand for any year available - so that they can be added to this.

Thanks!

• belogical
    belogical

attendance average 3200 Baptized 13 that is .04 of 1%

congregations merged 2 now in Dunedin (1 Merged ) 1 now in Invercargil was 2 and 1 merged in Christchurch

• steve2
    steve2

Very seldom, if ever, does JW organization release publically numbers attending its conventions. Yes, it gives counts of attendance on each day, but doesn’t collate these numbers for publication - certainly not the way it publishes other data such as numbers of publishers, Memorial attendances, Bible Studies etc. My hunch is that numbers attending conventions in New Zealand have been slowly declining for a few years now - but I do not have hard evidence to back up my hunch.

• skin
    skin
    belogical8 hours ago

attendance average 3200 Baptized 13 that is .04 of 1%

Interesting that you counted 13, because I also counted 13, but they officially announced 14 were baptized. 10 sisters & 4 brothers.

• skin
    skin
    steve2 My hunch is that numbers attending conventions in New Zealand have been slowly declining for a few years now - but I do not have hard evidence to back up my hunch

Your hunch is correct, the chch convention is always a good one to gauge numbers over the years. There is only the one convention for the whole south island, no boundary changes to distort attendance figures. During the 90s attendance was always closer to 4000 with always 60+ being baptized. This year, 3 of the 6 sessions had under 3000 attending.

• skin
    skin

1 of the 10 sisters baptized had to be baptized twice, must of be some technicality on the first attempt, toe or knee coming up out of the water? Could she have been counted twice?

• steve2
    steve2

Damn humans tend to float to the top when pushed under. Apply greater force, Brother!👿

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

.04 of 1% ? that low ? that does not even cover the number who die each year !

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

what ages were those baptised?

• The Poetry Of Reality
    The Poetry Of Reality

Thank you very much for the info, much appreciated!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit